Any peeps going to the Salt Lake show?

I am going (and travelling a long way because of it) and I'm kinda nervous about the venue. It's at Thanksgiving Point which first of all, is like some sort of toned down Six Flags and also because it will be outdoors...in October...in Utah. I already have my trip planned but I'm worried about the weather and Moz possibly cancelling. Any thoughts?

I asked my boss if we could shift some meetings to the 15th so I would be in town... she said no, unfortunately. But then she said, "Who are you going to see that would play at Thanksgiving Point?" LOL

Maybe they forgot to tell Moz how cold it is in the desert at night in the fall!

I asked my boss if we could shift some meetings to the 15th so I would be in town... she said no, unfortunately. But then she said, "Who are you going to see that would play at Thanksgiving Point?" LOL

Maybe they forgot to tell Moz how cold it is in the desert at night in the fall!

I know! They have another venue there but it only holds 1000 people. What the heck is he doing playing there anyway?

I've been to SLC for a Moz show on Halloween (1997), so he knows it's rather brrrr-some in the autumn. But he played an indoor venue. Still he posed for some photos outdoors hugging these brown sleek metallic statues of deer/elk.

So, is Thanksgiving Point an outdoor stage?

It's like whose bright idea was it to have Moz do a show in the lovely outdoor weather of Florida in JULY?! :eek: He was actually sweating rivulets onto us or the stage in Boca Raton. I was so glad he didn't collapse onstage!

It's kind of ridiculous for me to travel to SLC when there are 10 shows in my town plus SB & TJ being driving distance, Vegas and SF (one-hour flight)...but I might still go to SLC if I can get the time. SLC has always been an interesting place to see a Moz show. Depends on my schedule. I'll have a better idea by next week about my schedule.

Had a look at the linked site to the venue. It appears that Moz will be playing at the Waterfall amphitheatre. If it's an amphitheatre, I guess that answers my question about whether it's outdoors or not. For Arcade Fire, there's a "rain/shine" policy, so imagine how much it would suck to be there in the pouring freezing rain.

Also noted that ticketbastard said that spawn under 2 yrs don't need a ticket for shows there. Uh oh, watch out for the parents pimping their wee ones to get Mozzer's attention! The pits were pretty rough in SLC. I really hope parents leave their young children at home in safety.

Had a look at the linked site to the venue. It appears that Moz will be playing at the Waterfall amphitheatre. If it's an amphitheatre, I guess that answers my question about whether it's outdoors or not. For Arcade Fire, there's a "rain/shine" policy, so imagine how much it would suck to be there in the pouring freezing rain.

Also noted that ticketbastard said that spawn under 2 yrs don't need a ticket for shows there. Uh oh, watch out for the parents pimping their wee ones to get Mozzer's attention! The pits were pretty rough in SLC. I really hope parents leave their young children at home in safety.

I spoke with a lady at the Thanksgiving Point ticket office today and she said they don't have any details yet but if he's playing in October, it will most likely be in the Show Barn which is indoors. After just reading the recent press release on TTY, the Show Barn would fit the idea of small and intimate shows because it only fits 1000 people. I hope to God it is in the Show Barn.

I probably will.......I'll probably go check his PIMPship out at least 4 times during this "tour".

I work for the promoter and have some details about the show. The show will be in the "Show Barn", which is indoors. It is 1000 seats total. Word is he wanted to play something other than a scaled down arena and we found this theatre quite charming. The show will be seated. No children without a ticket. Presale begins via TM the 6th of Sept.

I work for the promoter and have some details about the show. The show will be in the "Show Barn", which is indoors. It is 1000 seats total. Word is he wanted to play something other than a scaled down arena and we found this theatre quite charming. The show will be seated. No children without a ticket. Presale begins via TM the 6th of Sept.

OMG, thank you!!!! I have been so curious, you are awesome!!!! :D I am officially freaking out like the rest of you are for other shows. I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo jazzed!!!!! Front row here I come!

Last edited:
Thanksgiving Point is totally not a toned down 6 Flags, not even close. It's acually a nice place to go visit. No rides or anything, its more of a farm with a resturant, places to take wedding pictures and the occasional corn maze in mid October. I live in Salt Lake so of course I am soooooo going to this show. I was at the E-Center this last time, great show but the place was not even close to full, and the sound wasn't that great. The Barn is supposed to be a great concert place, with great sound! I am so juiced, I'm totally going to be up front!

I am going (and travelling a long way because of it) and I'm kinda nervous about the venue. It's at Thanksgiving Point which first of all, is like some sort of toned down Six Flags and also because it will be outdoors...in October...in Utah. I already have my trip planned but I'm worried about the weather and Moz possibly cancelling. Any thoughts?

Just kind of a rule of thumb: Don't travel too far to see The Man. Especially if it's an outdoor venue or if it's near an ocean for that matter. I learned the hard way. Good your show will be indoors though.

Should be a good place to see a show. Nice small venue. Maybe before the show, Moz can go to Cabela's on the other side of the freeway and check out some of those nice "stuffed" animals and maybe have a buffalo burger. Just an idea...

Still he posed for some photos outdoors hugging these brown sleek metallic statues of deer/elk.

Not to change the subject, but if you have one of these photos, could you post it in the Frink thread?

[Yes, I am sick :p ]

So SLC tonights your night, are you guys ready????!!! IF its sold out that 950 capacity venue will be rockin, hopefully. Kinda sucks if its out doors, its Oct. and its f***in COLD here in LA, I can imagine how it is up Utah. Been up there for a few biz. conf./trips and WOW its freezing out there. Hope he doesnt cxl on you guys. ;)

So...........anyone want to buy a couple of tix in front row for tonight? This is supposed to be a cool place so I hope no one is going to spoil it for the selected few of us who are willing to trek all the way to SLC to see our beloved.

Back
Top Bottom