Your latest Morrissey/Smiths buy

Just got it framed... lots of work! wow... this is 40"x60". Looks GREAT.

I still need to hang it on my living room.

almamatters4060.jpg

Man, that looks nice in Cover View. Did you scan it in yourself?

I played each 7" of it exactly once, just to digitize the songs.

Thanks.... yeah, I scanned them all. Front and back of each 12", 7", promos, etc etc... I've been working on this project for quite a while and I have to say it took much much longer than I thought.

But now I can go on my iTunes and see all the album covers, front and back, chronologically... I love it.

I still have to fix a few things, but when I'm done, I will share this here.

Thanks.... yeah, I scanned them all. Front and back of each 12", 7", promos, etc etc... I've been working on this project for quite a while and I have to say it took much much longer than I thought.

I still have to fix a few things, but when I'm done, I will share this here.

Oh, please do. Right now I have all the pics that are on Passions, but higher-res versions would be even better.

Oh, please do. Right now I have all the pics that are on Passions, but higher-res versions would be even better.

Sure... give me a couple of months and I will. There are just a few of 7"s that I'm trying to get but I can't find them...

I will probably post most of the collection somewhere and keep adding the images with time.

I actually suggested to Stephane (is it Stephane?) from passions, if she wanted to use my images, but I never heard back...

I actually answered that I would like to have them... My reply might have been intercepted by your spam filter...

And btw, I'm a 'he', not a 'she'...

Stephane

Ohhhh I'm sorry!
Last night I started a first draft of a website that will allow people to download high resolution images of (most) of the records...

There are some promos that I don't have and a few 12"s that I left behind when I moved to the US, so it will be a while until I have everything there.

I just started working on it, but if you'd like to take a peek, here it is:
www.flaviosantanna.com/_mozcovers

Stephane, could you contact me on my other email ?

Thanks!
Flavio

Last edited:
Ohhhh I'm sorry!
Last night I started a first draft of a website that will allow people to download high resolution images of (most) of the records...

There are some promos that I don't have and a few 12"s that I left behind when I moved to the US, so it will be a while until I have everything there.

I just started working on it, but if you'd like to take a peek, here it is:

Flavio, those are some very nice scans--very crisp & clear. Plus lots of scans that aren't on Passions (at least not that I've seen, although I've clearly missed a lot of what is there), like the marbled vinyl & the reverse sides of many singles. A couple questions & comments:

• The hi-res versions haven't been posted yet, right? Just the thumbnails?
  • I know that this would take a lot of work, but could you remove the maroon borders around each thumbnail? Maybe you already have versions already without the borders, because I don't see those them in your iTunes snapshot above.

Keep up the good work & let us know when you update the site!

Flavio, those are some very nice scans--very crisp & clear. Plus lots of scans that aren't on Passions (at least not that I've seen, although I've clearly missed a lot of what is there), like the marbled vinyl & the reverse sides of many singles. A couple questions & comments:

• The hi-res versions haven't been posted yet, right? Just the thumbnails?
  • I know that this would take a lot of work, but could you remove the maroon borders around each thumbnail? Maybe you already have versions already without the borders, because I don't see those them in your iTunes snapshot above.

Keep up the good work & let us know when you update the site!

Thank you... The high resolution images haven't been posted yet.

These images that are on the website are very very small, so wait until I post the big files there.

What I'll do is to link each thumbnail to a *.zip file that has 1400x1400 JPG in it.

I'll update the site soon, so I'll let you guys know...

Thank you... The high resolution images haven't been posted yet.

These images that are on the website are very very small, so wait until I post the big files there.

What I'll do is to link each thumbnail to a *.zip file that has 1400x1400 JPG in it.

I'll update the site soon, so I'll let you guys know...

Ah, excellent. But zipping up each JPEG separately won't gain you anything because zipping is good for only two things: compressing files, and grouping files together into a single archive. JPEGs are already compressed, and archiving single files just makes each download slightly bigger if the file can't be compressed. Just link directly to each hi-res JPEG; put something like a target="hi-res" attribute on each anchor tag to have the large versions open in a separate window.

A zip file of all the hi-res images may be useful, but that's a separate matter.

Ah, excellent. But zipping up each JPEG separately won't gain you anything because zipping is good for only two things: compressing files, and grouping files together into a single archive. JPEGs are already compressed, and archiving single files just makes each download slightly bigger if the file can't be compressed. Just link directly to each hi-res JPEG; put something like a target="hi-res" attribute on each anchor tag to have the large versions open in a separate window.

A zip file of all the hi-res images may be useful, but that's a separate matter.

Yeah... I know that it won't compress the files, but linking to a zip file would force the browser to the download it, as opposed to opening the JPG on a new window. The reason I didn't want to do that is because the JPGs vary from 1 to 3MB each, so it would take forever to see the file in a browser window.

Hopefully I won't get hammered with bandwidth costs.... I think it will be ok.

I have done a bit more to the site tonight... I added a page for the Morrissey records.

There is still lots to scan and photograph... uaaah lots of work. But it's fun to get all this stuff organized.

I STILL haven't linked the high res images though... be patient :)

Plus lots of scans that aren't on Passions

Yeah so far I've put up only front artwork, and back or inside artwork only if there is an image found there. Those scans are taking most of my bandwidth so I'm trying to stick to the essentials. It doesn't help that my scanner died on me a few years ago and I haven't replaced it.

However now I am considering adding more... Especially if I can use Flavio's scans... it'll save me a lot of work.

Stephane

I bought What Difference Does It Make on vinyl from a second hand shop today

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Tags
the smiths vinyl
Back
Top Bottom