Your latest Morrissey/Smiths buy

Ok, so... partly because of this thread and the Post Your Collection thread... I've gone on a bit of a Morrissey purchase binge the last week or so. I don't really have much of a collection other than the usual CDs, although thanks to this thread I found out that the Boy Happy CD single I bought for $10 US when it came out last December is apparently somewhat hard to find and costs quite a bit more now. :eek:

Heh, this is exactly where I was about one year ago, just before finding SoLow. I just wanted the songs that I didn't have, preferably on CD, and I didn't care about books or other memorabilia. It still set me back a few hundred, all in dribs & drabs. Sure was fun, though. There are still a few items that I don't have, but I don't have the same sort of drive to obtain them that I once did, either.

Welcome to the forums, and don't worry about your English; it looks convincing enough to me.

Thanks for your warm welcome dear "Not right in the Head" :) : my father is an english teacher on retirement ; maybe it helped me a little bit ? :rolleyes:
Then, to talk about "Asian stuff" on Ebay, I never had problems, apart from this last time, where I wasn't able to "note" the seller who was no longer registered on Ebay !? (maybe he's in jail with the girl you're talking albout ? :D).

Thanks for your warm welcome dear "Not right in the Head" :) : my father is an english teacher on retirement ; maybe it helped me a little bit ? :rolleyes:

You're welcome.

Then, to talk about "Asian stuff" on Ebay, I never had problems, apart from this last time, where I wasn't able to "note" the seller who was no longer registered on Ebay !? (maybe he's in jail with the girl you're talking albout ? :D).

So you had problems with the Rank cassette?

here's the poster (thanks Beau) framed, it's a bit out of focus, d'oh! I'll re-take later & get a clearer image (hopefully).

mozframe1.jpg

love

Grim

An original 80s The Smiths T-shirt - the one with simply 'The Smiths' in grey writing and a design of flowers on - Mike Joyce is photographed wearing it in the Paul Slattery book. Will take photos once it arrives from the US. Cannot wait.

I saw this on eBay (the yellow flowers?). Was watching it. Cost a pretty penny, I must say! But congrats! do post pictures...can't wait to see!
I too enjoy the Morrissey/Smiths shirt collecting, although I go this route. Only the older, vintage shirts are what I aim for. I have a whole bunch from all the tours...truly something that I will keep for some time

Just got this
DSCN1719.jpg
except mine has a couple of nice inscriptions & signatures on, I'll post a pic of it when I get it framed.

Thanks very much Beau for giving me this superb item.

love

Grim

Oh Wow! this is a beautiful picture...
Hope you are well Grim..
Happy Holidays..

Marisela

:cool:

Oh Wow! this is a beautiful picture...
Hope you are well Grim..
Happy Holidays..

Marisela

:cool:

Hi Mars how you doing, not seen you in ages, I'm off to see the Sex Pistols on Saturday if JJ hasn't flogged my ticket, or my bed space?

Looks nice, Grim. I have yet to frame mine.

Yes it looks even better in real life Beau, I think I went slightly over the top with my requests to the framer, I ended up paying £43, still it should now last for 100 years & not fade a tad!

love

Grim

Am currently waiting for these to arrive:

The Youngest Was The Most Loved
USA cd5 [Attack/Sanctuary 86017-2]
You Have Killed Me
USA cd5 [Attack/Sanctuary 86016-2]
Let Me Kiss You
Europe cd5#2 [Attack/Sanctuary ATKXD008]
First Of The Gang To Die
Europe DVD-s [Attack/Sanctuary ATKDX003]
First Of The Gang To Die
Europe (non UK) cd5 [Attack/Sanctuary ATKXD004]
Irish Blood, English Heart
USA/Canada cd-single [Attack/Sanctuary 86000-2]
Irish Blood, English Heart
Europe cd#2 [Attack/Sanctuary ATKXD002]

Where did you pick up your copy of First Of The Gang To Die
Europe (non UK) cd5 [Attack/Sanctuary ATKXD004]? Still available to order somewhere or ebay?

Could only find the US 4-track version. Maybe they've sold out.

We went to the record fair in Reading, UK today, it was very disappointing on the Smiths/Morrissey front but the wife met a dealer who was obviously an R.E.M fan who was selling off part of his collection at bargain prices, so she got herself quite a few pieces for her collection.

I did manage to get hold of:

The Outside Tour Bowie/Morrissey promo cd (unfortunately without the press pack) and Satan Rejected My Soul cassette single for £70. Whilst not a bargain, they last two Bowie/Morrissey promo cd went for £66 and £78 on ebay so a fair price.

I also found the Morrissey, Hulmerist/The Malady Lingers On limited edition 2 DVD box set still sealed for £11. I didn't even know it existed!

Tags
the smiths vinyl
Back
Top Bottom