PDA

View Full Version : The Pit

mixman246
January 17, 2007, 12:12 AM
got one! now I'm going to get on stage...

Claudia2006
January 17, 2007, 12:23 AM
on ticketmaster? or ebay?

mixman246
January 17, 2007, 12:39 AM
ticketmaster. apparently they released some pit tickets this afternoon.

Strange Fear
January 17, 2007, 02:12 AM
How much did they sell them for, and do you know if they sold all of them?

duchess_of_fork
January 17, 2007, 03:39 AM
this sounds like a fakee....
next thing you know the person will be generously selling them on here...pfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

WinkWink
January 17, 2007, 03:51 AM
i checked ticketmaster twice today. nothing was for sale.

Harsh Truth
January 17, 2007, 02:10 PM
some ticket broker sites are now listing GA Pit tickets as avaialble for these shows, if you had a spare $315 to spend.

Kieran
January 17, 2007, 03:58 PM
There are 12 different auctions on ebay right now. What is this? Where is that Matrix fellow?

mixman246
January 17, 2007, 07:29 PM
They released 140 pit tickets per show yesterday. I'm not "generously" going to offer up my ticket as I plan on going to the show - thanks for the sarcasm though.
The ticket came out to like $90 after service charges...

Kieran
January 17, 2007, 07:47 PM
They released 140 pit tickets per show yesterday. I'm not "generously" going to offer up my ticket as I plan on going to the show - thanks for the sarcasm though.
The ticket came out to like $90 after service charges...

If you're not lieing, you should have been GENEROUS ENOUGH to let us all know about it. And how did you find out about it???
I froze my ass off in line at the Civic at 3 IN THE MORNING. JUST FOR PIT TICKETS. And if what you say is true, you're completely worthless for your lack of effort where as me and the people who patiently waited LONG, COLD hours, just to have them, deserve them, not you.

duchess_of_fork
January 17, 2007, 07:57 PM
there ARE no pit tickets...trust me.
It will just be either first come first serve or first 4 rows of orchestra...

Kieran
January 17, 2007, 08:11 PM
there ARE no pit tickets...trust me.
It will just be either first come first serve or first 4 rows of orchestra...

I'm holding onto that theory very tightly.

joejoejoe
January 17, 2007, 08:15 PM
If you're not lieing, you should have been GENEROUS ENOUGH to let us all know about it. And how did you find out about it???
I froze my ass off in line at the Civic at 3 IN THE MORNING. JUST FOR PIT TICKETS. And if what you say is true, you're completely worthless for your lack of effort where as me and the people who patiently waited LONG, COLD hours, just to have them, deserve them, not you.

Geez, did anyone force you to get there at 3am?....it was clearly posted that they were using a random priority system.

In real life, effort doesn't always equate to success, my dear!

Jared
January 17, 2007, 08:24 PM
I dunno this rumor could be true..
https://secure.ticketliquidator.com/Checkout.aspx?e=YnJva2VyaWQ9OTgyJnNpdGVudW1iZXI9MS Z0Z2lkPTE5MjQ5MTc2MSZldnRpZD01MDY3MDkmcHJpY2U9MzM1 LjAw!Q1iRFum7BCE.&treq=4&SessionId=TpUSU

Kieran
January 17, 2007, 08:55 PM
Geez, did anyone force you to get there at 3am?....it was clearly posted that they were using a random priority system.

In real life, effort doesn't always equate to success, my dear!

Yes, the wristband system was made clear to me but I was willing JUST IN CASE. But that wasn't what I was complaining about. That would be foolish.
Obviously...
I was merely stating a fact... though in real life, facts don't always equate...
Ugh.

Kieran
January 17, 2007, 08:58 PM
I dunno this rumor could be true..
https://secure.ticketliquidator.com/Checkout.aspx?e=YnJva2VyaWQ9OTgyJnNpdGVudW1iZXI9MS Z0Z2lkPTE5MjQ5MTc2MSZldnRpZD01MDY3MDkmcHJpY2U9MzM1 LjAw!Q1iRFum7BCE.&treq=4&SessionId=TpUSU

I wouldn't trust it. Even if people do purchase these tickets and show them at the front door, I don't think it'll pass because of the enormous confusion over these tickets. First come, first serve sounds best to me, or even the first 4 rows of Orchestra seating would be fair. Anything else, I don't think ANYONE would sit back and let it happen.

joejoejoe
January 17, 2007, 09:18 PM
Yes, the wristband system was made clear to me but I was willing JUST IN CASE. But that wasn't what I was complaining about. That would be foolish.
Obviously...
I was merely stating a fact... though in real life, facts don't always equate...
Ugh.

Ok, didn't mean to have a go at ya!

It is my understanding that since they don't usually have rock shows at the venue, they had to get approval on the capacity of the pit before they could sell them.

It does suck that they randomly put them on sale.

What sort of tickets did you get at the venue box office?

Kieran
January 17, 2007, 09:29 PM
Ok, didn't mean to have a go at ya!

It is my understanding that since they don't usually have rock shows at the venue, they had to get approval on the capacity of the pit before they could sell them.

It does suck that they randomly put them on sale.

What sort of tickets did you get at the venue box office?

I'm overall pleased: Left Center Orchestra Row M for the first night, and Left Center Orchestra Row O for the last night.

Matrix
January 18, 2007, 05:49 AM
I wouldn't trust it. Even if people do purchase these tickets and show them at the front door, I don't think it'll pass because of the enormous confusion over these tickets. First come, first serve sounds best to me, or even the first 4 rows of Orchestra seating would be fair. Anything else, I don't think ANYONE would sit back and let it happen.

It is true, the promoters of the show released the pit (140 per show)Tuesday afternoon with no announcement. I heard about it after all of the tickets had sold.

Strange Fear
January 18, 2007, 05:53 AM
Do you know how people found out about the sale?

Matrix
January 18, 2007, 06:57 AM
I would imagine out of pure luck. The scalpers/brokers who ended up with tickets probably had people on computers checking constantly trying for tickets. I have heard some even have software programs that can be programmed to constantly look for tickets for events. This is why Ticketmaster has you type in the word verification that is so damn hard to read, but it is my understanding they have even figured out a way around that.

shane sarabia
January 18, 2007, 08:01 AM
Ok so I have orchestra for the first 2 nights and loge row E for the third night. I am thinking of buy a pit ticket from ebay. I think it would be for the third night, but they are only selling them in sets of 2. Is anyone interested in splitting the money? Also, is anyone interested in buying my loge row E ticket for saturday?

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-MORRISSEY-TICKETS-PASADENA-2-3-PIT-LOS-ANGELES_W0QQitemZ120073531541QQihZ002QQcategoryZ16 122QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

this one is cheaper.

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-MORRISSEY-TICKETS-PIT-GA-PASADENA-CIVIC-2-3_W0QQitemZ270080462376QQihZ017QQcategoryZ16122QQs sPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Kieran
January 18, 2007, 03:03 PM
It is true, the promoters of the show released the pit (140 per show)Tuesday afternoon with no announcement. I heard about it after all of the tickets had sold.

How can this be allowed? When not many people knew?

I'm furious.

Kieran
January 18, 2007, 04:05 PM
But honestly, I'm just happy that I'll be there.

Jared
January 18, 2007, 06:48 PM
Not only would you have to be insane to purchase a $450 ticket for the pit