pin ups

RicheyYouLoveUs.jpg

natalie067.jpg

wolve, your signature is beautiful. :) That is my 2nd favourite Tindersticks song.

Oh great. What's your first one then? Whiskey & Water? Tiny tears? Rented Rooms? Another night in?
You like Staples solo work?

(sorry for going offtopic;) )

i_curtis1.jpg

Oh great. What's your first one then? Whiskey & Water? Tiny tears? Rented Rooms? Another night in?
You like Staples solo work?

(sorry for going offtopic;) )
Aren't we already Offtopic? Or are we going offtopic on Offtopic... ;)

Another Night In is my favourite Tindersticks song, but A Night In is very close... I like to listen to them together, Another Night In could be a sequel to A Night In. Tiny Tears is very close third.

I've only heard "Leaving Songs", and I loved it. It's better than the last 3 Tindersticks albums. Do you like Lhasa de Sela? I adore her song "Anywhere On This Road", when I heard it on the radio it made me look for her albums (on Soulseek, of course ;) ).

I will make this on topic now: Stuart Staples is very good-looking. I didn't know that until I saw them live a couple of years ago (well, actually, before that I had no idea what they look like!) But he must be very unphotogenic, it's very hard to find a nice pic of him! I think that this is actually the one good picture of him I've seen:

Aren't we already Offtopic? Or are we going offtopic on Offtopic... ;)

Another Night In is my favourite Tindersticks song, but A Night In is very close... I like to listen to them together, Another Night In could be a sequel to A Night In. Tiny Tears is very close third.

I've only heard "Leaving Songs", and I loved it. It's better than the last 3 Tindersticks albums. Do you like Lhasa de Sela? I adore her song "Anywhere On This Road", when I heard it on the radio it made me look for her albums (on Soulseek, of course ;) ).

I will make this on topic now: Stuart Staples is very good-looking. I didn't know that until I saw them live a couple of years ago (well, actually, before that I had no idea what they look like!) But he must be very unphotogenic, it's very hard to find a nice pic of him! I think that this is actually the one good picture of him I've seen:

Tindersticks I & II are one of the best albums ever made. Like you (and most of us), I'm a bit in doubt about what came after.
"Leaving songs" is definitely one of my favourite 2006 albums. ('Goodbye Old Friends' must be my favourite track)
I've heard things of Lhasa, and it's really laidback music. Despite her vocal skills, I still don't feel the urge to "get into" more of her music.(they play Staples on the radio where you live?!)
Well, I like Staples looks too, as long as he drops the mustache!

stuar_lucky_pr.jpg

(oops, photo is a bit big!)

nightandday said:
You like Joy Division, too? :) it's one of my favourite bands.

have you read the new Curtis bio, "Torn Apart"?

Yes, 'Unknown Pleasures' is such a great album. And no, I haven't read the new bio, in fact, I haven't read ANY bio of him/them! (shame, I know)
Did you see the motion picture with Jude Law (am I correct?)?

(by the way, I've got "lucky dog recordings 03-04", Staples' first solo-album. It's great too, but different from "Leaving Songs". If you want me to upload it, yell! Oh, and more good news: in a Belgian interview Staples said he'll do more duets. I just love his male voice, especially next to a female voice, just like Mark Lanegans couleur de voix ;) )

Tindersticks I & II are one of the best albums ever made. Like you (and most of us), I'm a bit in doubt about what came after.
"Leaving songs" is definitely one of my favourite 2006 albums. ('Goodbye Old Friends' must be my favourite track)
I've heard things of Lhasa, and it's really laidback music. Despite her vocal skills, I still don't feel the urge to "get into" more of her music.(they play Staples on the radio where you live?!)
I'm not a fan of moustache either :D He didn't have one when I saw them live.

There aren't really any decent radio stations for me to listen to anymore, so I don't know. Some have been closed, some have gone so mainstream that I don't want to listen to them anymore.

Tindersticks first two albums are great, but "Curtains" are my favourite one of their albums. The others have been quite disappointing, except for a track or two. Maybe they had just set the standards too high...

I'm not a big fan of Llasa or anything, but "Anywhere On This Road" gripped me because of its lyrics - such a true description of male/female relations: "I love a man who's afraid of me/he thinks if he doesn't stand guard with a knife/I'll make him my slave for the rest of his life".

Last edited:
(oops, photo is a bit big!)

Yes, 'Unknown Pleasures' is such a great album. And no, I haven't read the new bio, in fact, I haven't read ANY bio of him/them! (shame, I know)
Did you see the motion picture with Jude Law (am I correct?)?

(by the way, I've got "lucky dog recordings 03-04", Staples' first solo-album. It's great too, but different from "Leaving Songs". If you want me to upload it, yell! Oh, and more good news: in a Belgian interview Staples said he'll do more duets. I just love his male voice, especially next to a female voice, just like Mark Lanegans couleur de voix ;) )
I love his voice, too - and Lanegan's. Some other voices I love: Peter Murphy (in the solo stuff rather than with Bauhaus), Richard Hawley, Guy Kyser from Thin White Rope (not many people seem to know about them)... I find it very surprising that some people dislike Stuart's voice and say that they listen to Tindersticks 'despite it'! :eek: A lot of people say the same about Ian Curtis/JD, which I find hard to believe. Then again, there are even some people who hate Morrissey's voice! :rolleyes:

Maybe it's better that you haven't read any bios about Curtis. His music tells you more about him than his widow did in her book "Touching From the Distance".

The new film about Curtis is still in production. Jude Law has nothing to do with it, fortunately (I like him, but it would have been completely wrong if he had been cast!), it was just a rumour at the time when casting was being made. Curtis is played by Leeds musician Sam Riley. Apparently, he was also in "24 Hour Party People" as Mark E.Smith - which is incredible, because MES and Ian look nothing like each other - but then again, nobody in "24 Hour Party People" looked like their real-life counterparts! Samantha Morton plays Deborah Curtis, Alexandra Maria Lara ("Der Untergang") plays Annik Honore, Anton Corbijn is directing (which makes it look promising), and the members of New Order are working on the soundtrack.

I love his voice, too - and Lanegan's. Some other voices I love: Peter Murphy (in the solo stuff rather than with Bauhaus), Richard Hawley, Guy Kyser from Thin White Rope (not many people seem to know about them)... I find it very surprising that some people dislike Stuart's voice and say that they listen to Tindersticks 'despite it'! :eek: A lot of people say the same about Ian Curtis/JD, which I find hard to believe. Then again, there are even some people who hate Morrissey's voice! :rolleyes:

Maybe it's better that you haven't read any bios about Curtis. His music tells you more about him than his widow did in her book "Touching From the Distance".

The new film about Curtis is still in production. Jude Law has nothing to do with it, fortunately (I like him, but it would have been completely wrong if he had been cast!), it was just a rumour at the time when casting was being made. Curtis is played by Leeds musician Sam Riley. Apparently, he was also in "24 Hour Party People" as Mark E.Smith - which is incredible, because MES and Ian look nothing like each other - but then again, nobody in "24 Hour Party People" looked like their real-life counterparts! Samantha Morton plays Deborah Curtis, Alexandra Maria Lara ("Der Untergang") plays Annik Honore, Anton Corbijn is directing (which makes it look promising), and the members of New Order are working on the soundtrack.

Hmm, from your list I only know the voice from the Bauhaus-singer. :)
(Springsteen has got something raw & rough as well - who needs Barry White anyway ;))
Right, I thought the movie was already finished! My bad
About Curtis: I can't believe so many people think of him as an asshole. If you want mystique and weirdoness, yes, but seeing him as an arse? (I'm talking about fans who 'met' him and shared it once on the internet)

romy_schneider_gallery_5.jpg

romy_schneider_gallery_2.jpg

romy_schneider_gallery_7.jpg

Romy Schneider

Sissy! :o youth sentiment!

Right, I thought the movie was already finished! My bad
About Curtis: I can't believe so many people think of him as an asshole. If you want mystique and weirdoness, yes, but seeing him as an arse? (I'm talking about fans who 'met' him and shared it once on the internet)
Really? I've never met anyone (online or not) who claims to have met him. Most people have know very little about him, but they just say 'Curtis was a c*** and he cheated on his wife and he was a racist / Nazi' :rolleyes: :mad: It's really, really annoying when they start with the 'Nazi' crap. :mad:

Really? I've never met anyone (online or not) who claims to have met him. Most people have know very little about him, but they just say 'Curtis was a c*** and he cheated on his wife and he was a racist / Nazi' :rolleyes: :mad: It's really, really annoying when they start with the 'Nazi' crap. :mad:

Yes, indeed. But is it true?
(I don't know if you have a knowledge about other artists like your knowledge about the Smiths/Morrissey)

Yes, indeed. But is it true?
(I don't know if you have a knowledge about other artists like your knowledge about the Smiths/Morrissey)
Well, I haven't read so much about any other artist as I have about Moz/Smiths :) but I do know more than most people about some of my other favourite artists, including Joy Division. But this is really not for the 'pin-up' thread anymore, so maybe we could continue this later in a new thread in the Other Music section?

And to bring everybody back on topic...

Andrea Corr

318.jpg

Emmylou Harris

emmyjf.jpg

David Duchovny is gorgeous, but I had to put this one up........

david1.jpg

Richard E.Grant. Yum!

Withnail3copy.jpg

Tags
nsfw
Back
Top Bottom