what are people thinking of the new futureheads album?

vivaissy

muggle, first order
what are people thinking of the new futureheads album?

hmmmm, much prefer the first album. news and tributes seems to lack the energy of that the first one had and the last few tracks on there are pretty poor (face and thursday especially). going to see them tomorrow night :cool:

agreed.

i know its a cover, but how could they better 'hounds of love'? so why try?

vivaissy said:
agreed.

i know its a cover, but how could they better 'hounds of love'? so why try?

lol, there must be times they wish they hadn't done that song as they will be playing that until the end of their careers and forver be known as that band who covered a kate bush song. watched a show on channel four with them and the interviewer seemed to mention that they would be performing that song at the end every few minutes as though it was the only thing that would keep viewers interested

Just acquired "news and tributes" First impressions - think it's a real step on from the first album which I never really got into. I suspect it will be an album that will reward repeat listens, not sure about "Return of the Berserker" though, what's going on there ? apparently it's a live favourite ?
Ben Hillier was the producer I believe (Doves are one of my favourite bands) and it looks like he has done a good job.

the futureheads were on top form last night, the new stuff sounds a lot better live. got big bruises on my knees and hips from being squashed against the barrier but it was so worth it :D ross said hi to me before the gig and at the end barry gave me his plectrum, made my night :D

Back
Top Bottom