Dirty Pretty Things

Right Whinger

Have to say I quite liked them on Jools Holland last night, very vibrant, might be a worth listen. Will be swerving 'hot chip' though! I can imagine Moz squirming having to sit through that!

Yeah, he didn't like Hot Chip at all! They were right in front of him and he looked clearly bored. However he was kind of enthusiastic during the "Deadwood" by DPT.:)
Personally, i think DPT are pretty average.Some catchy tunes, but that's it really. Clearly missing something (someone).

I thought they give a great performance full of energy, and awesome up in the mix guitar work, something that was sadly lacking from Morrissey and his bands performance. They looked like they enjoyed it also.

i love dpt!
but then i loved the libertines and they are pretty much the same!

anyone here not like the libs and thus not like dpt? or liked the libs but not dpt?

and what about babyshambles? (minus personal thoughts on pete!)

the DPT album is one of the best i've heard this year and can't wait to see them live. i was a big libs fan but i would have liked DPT even if carl wasn't an ex-libertine because the songs are so good and v catchy (epsecially you f***ing love it - that gets stuck in my head for ages)

as for babyshambles - v disappointed by the album, too many tracks and only a few really good ones. some of the tracks were just terrible and should never have been put on that album (thinking epsecially of "Pentonville" here). it's even worse when you listen to some of the demos and hear potentially good tracks that didn't get included on the album.

yeah, i really wanted to see dpt live, but missed them playing manchester somehow.
i love the album, not sure which is my favourite track yet.
i thought the shambles album was good but lazy somehow. but fforever is a great song!

Back
Top Bottom