Red Lightning Live

poprenaissance

Daydreamer
FINALLY got to see red lightning live last night.

good f***ing gracious.

they were really, REALLY solid. the cd just doesn't do them justice. you lose sight of the fact they're only a 3-piece band almost immediately. alain's playing is just amazing (switching between soloing and rhythm whilst singing) and his voice is WAY better than i expected it to be. he's really in his element with red lightning. the rhythm section is crisp as all hell.

some big surprises:

the written setlist ended with "born to hang"! didnae play it though. halfway through the set alain says something to the effect of "this was a song called **insert song name here** but it turned into this..." and starts up the riff for "irish blood, english heart". he sang it note perfect and with his own vocal inflections (which was great, rather than him aping moz's style). last song in the set, which wasn't written on alain's setlist, was none other than "that joke isn't funny anymore". sang it REAAAAAAALLY f***ing well and our lad johnny would have been proud of the guitarwork.

all in all, it was a great night of music. if you get the chance, i highly recommend catching red lightning live. you won't be disappointed.

poprenaissance said:
FINALLY got to see red lightning live last night.

good f***ing gracious.

they were really, REALLY solid. the cd just doesn't do them justice. you lose sight of the fact they're only a 3-piece band almost immediately. alain's playing is just amazing (switching between soloing and rhythm whilst singing) and his voice is WAY better than i expected it to be. he's really in his element with red lightning. the rhythm section is crisp as all hell.

some big surprises:

the written setlist ended with "born to hang"! didnae play it though. halfway through the set alain says something to the effect of "this was a song called **insert song name here** but it turned into this..." and starts up the riff for "irish blood, english heart". he sang it note perfect and with his own vocal inflections (which was great, rather than him aping moz's style). last song in the set, which wasn't written on alain's setlist, was none other than "that joke isn't funny anymore". sang it REAAAAAAALLY f***ing well and our lad johnny would have been proud of the guitarwork.

all in all, it was a great night of music. if you get the chance, i highly recommend catching red lightning live. you won't be disappointed.

Thank you for posting this, nice to hear another good review about some great guys with a lot of talent!

Back
Top Bottom