The Automatic

Bluebirds

Went to see this band at their hometown gig in Cowbridge Leisure Centre (a sleepy small market town where lots of posh people live.)

You can listen to the gig at Radio1 Bethan and Huw's page. I thought they were very very good (only 1 song that I didn't like) and the buzz around them is quite deserved. The keyboardist/ vocalist is a bit of a nutter. And they have a bassist as lead vocalist. Is this the first instance of this since Mark King of Level 42 fame, the yuppie's choice of bass slapper? Raoul live is brilliant by the way. And there was real urgency and vibrancy to them. And they were very accomplished on their instruments.

However I did feel like I was at a school disco... kids moshing but with no real venom, parents standing at the back. Weird weird weird.

Even bizarrer was that the band had sat their GCSE exams in the venue, relatively recently (relative to me I guess!)
How mad is that?

saw them supporting the ordinary boys last october and thought then that they could be one to watch - its amazing how quickly they seemed to have gained popularity

haven't seen them live yet..but i caught "raoul" somehow, somewhere, and thought it was the greatest thing '...EVER'

loving "monsters", really catchy, definately a band to watch

they are my new favourite band :D

Back
Top Bottom