Talk Talk

Interlude

Human Being
I've dragged out my Talk Talk records again and refuse to put them away. My God, what a strange beautiful band. However they started off as Duran Duran and ended up five years later as some weird brilliant ambient/experimental/jazz hybrid, I'll never know. But Spirit of Eden and Laughing Stock are two of the most beautiful recordings I've ever heard. And the earlier stuff certainly has its moments too.

Anyways, there must be some fans out there somewhere...

Interlude said:
I've dragged out my Talk Talk records again and refuse to put them away. My God, what a strange beautiful band. However they started off as Duran Duran and ended up five years later as some weird brilliant ambient/experimental/jazz hybrid, I'll never know. But Spirit of Eden and Laughing Stock are two of the most beautiful recordings I've ever heard. And the earlier stuff certainly has its moments too.

Anyways, there must be some fans out there somewhere...

Right here! I have their "Best of Talk Talk" cd, you're right, they're strangely brilliant. I was just listening to some of my Falco stuff, that guy kicks major ass as well.

YeS, i'm a huGemongous fan, saw them live in 1984...

510935_356x237.jpg

Those records still sound great. Spirit of Eden is a classic, as is the It's My Life album. This thread has led me to drag out the albums again. Cheers! :)

Spirit of eden is just fantastic. I read that they had always wanted to sound like 'colour of spring/ spirit of eden' , but being short of funds they were limited to the kind of synths they had. Thats why the earlier stuff sounded like duran, due to the success of dum dum girl etc- the record company increased their recording budget and thankfully we got the later stuff.
I love the list of instruments on the sleeve- nose flute etc!

Back
Top Bottom