Jeff Buckley

just curious if anyone here is a jeff buckley fan? It was his cover of "I know it's over" that turned me onto the smiths and morrissey and started my sick obsession.

theunseenprimarycolor said:
just curious if anyone here is a jeff buckley fan? It was his cover of "I know it's over" that turned me onto the smiths and morrissey and started my sick obsession.

Oh yes. You're preaching to the converted. Well, me anyway.

Peter

He's pretty cool. Would much appreciate it if someone would upload an entire album of his.

I already know where to buy it thanks ;)

Jeff Buckley had a sublime voice, some great lyrics, Jimmy Page raving about his guitar playing and he seemed like a decent, down to earth bloke....apart from all that he was nothing special!

Seriously, his Grace album is essential listening. No one will ever sing Leonard Cohens Hallelujah like that again...

Life_Is_A_Pigsty said:
Jeff Buckley had a sublime voice, some great lyrics, Jimmy Page raving about his guitar playing and he seemed like a decent, down to earth bloke....apart from all that he was nothing special!

Seriously, his Grace album is essential listening. No one will ever sing Leonard Cohens Hallelujah like that again...

Cohen's Hallelujah is one of the greatest songs written, but Buckley's version never did much for me. If we're talking covers, I prefer John Cale's version. Fortunately, rumor has it that Leonard will be touring this Fall, maybe we'll get to hear the master sing it himself one more time...

Jeff was incredible. I remember seeing the LAst Goodbye video on 120 minutes back in 93 or so and buying GRace. Lilac Wine, Hallelujah, and Lover YOu Should've Come Over were among the best songs of the decade. He would've put out some great stuff in the near 10 years he has been gone.

Back
Top Bottom