catatonia were good

ooh yeah, welsh. sexiest speaking voice ever, Cerys.
many of my fellow english slag the welsh off but i always find them very humorous and ......... alright.

Not the best band ever but not so bad

The "everyday when I wake up I thank the lord I'm Welsh" tune was a bit embarrassing really

Cerys Matthews' solo stuff aint too bad

charlie tango said:
ooh yeah, welsh. sexiest speaking voice ever, Cerys.
many of my fellow english slag the welsh off but i always find them very humorous and ......... alright.

Thanks for your kind words which aren't patronising in the least:D

I have a story about Cerys Matthews. i have several actually. But I'm not a gossip... suffice to say she was a wreckhead and now shes not, probably.

I used to be certain that I would one day meet up with her and we'd get on so well that she'd want to marry me! Her or Bjork anyway!

What I liked about Cerys is that she seemed the type of gal who I would be able to have as good a time in the pub with as I would in bed - luckily who I managed to eventually find does a bloody good job of meeting that criterion (but hasn't got the Welsh accent....).

Anyway, I love the "Everyday, when I wake..." song.

My favourite though is probably is probably from the first album "The CSA are bound to find you soon" (don't remember the title) or "Way Beyond Blue".

Catatonia were my first love and so I'll always have a special place for them in my heart. I remember saving up my pocket money to buy International Velvet... I think the first proper album I ever bought. Probably their most solid album alongside their debut Way Beyond Blue. The last two albums were patchy but still very listenable to the fan. I was so disheartened when they split, but alas it happened. I've not really followed Cerys' solo career since...maybe I should give it a go.

Anyway, thanks for giving them a mention. It's given me an excuse to drag out the four albums again which I tend to do every 6 months.

Bluebirds said:
Thanks for your kind words which aren't patronising in the least:D

I have a story about Cerys Matthews. i have several actually. But I'm not a gossip... suffice to say she was a wreckhead and now shes not, probably.
Humerous and alright. Alright?

Back
Top Bottom