question about Capitol logo

is it appear on "this charming man" only ? i saw one ex. on Eil website and they say it's a rare pressing but i'm not sure about that. I've got one, French pressing with this logo + Virgin one (who was the ditributor for France at least) and i'm pretty sure all the one i saw have the 2 logos...

like lovers do said:
is it appear on "this charming man" only ? i saw one ex. on Eil website and they say it's a rare pressing but i'm not sure about that. I've got one, French pressing with this logo + Virgin one (who was the ditributor for France at least) and i'm pretty sure all the one i saw have the 2 logos...

I remember reading about this in Record Collector.
The first UK pressings of TCM have the Capitol style logo, these ones are rare. Rough Trade were told to stop using that logo and the record was redesigned.
Not sure about your French issue, you might be in luck, I have a French issue of The Smiths and that has the regular Rough Trade logo.

I don't think they are that rare tbh, I think it's harder to get the ones with the sticker over the logo & I'm sure it wasn't just TCM that used the 'capitol' style logo either, yep just had a look at 'What Diff' single & some of those have the capitol style logo too.

love

Grim

I've got a spare TCM 'capitol' rough trade logo available for trade if you've got another of those, like lovers do?
I'll post a pic tomoz when I dig 'em out the attic ok.

love

Grim

wddim1.jpg

here's 'What Diff' showing the 'Capitol' logo with the solid centre & the pop-out centre & the 'block' logo

love

Grrim

Back
Top Bottom