Dave Matthews - This Probably Shouldn't Be Here

Jim Rome

Vulgar Box Pimp
Anyone like this band? I got into them back in the early nineties before Morrissey. It's a rare thing to find a Moz fan who likes them.

That being said, does anyone have that Interview/Performance he did for the now defunct Y107 radio station out here in Los Angeles?

I used to listen to them ALL THE TIME before I began doing the same to Morrissey :) I still think they are fine, a broke out the Tim Reynolds live album the other day and really enjoyed. I think Dave can have wonderfly expressive lyrics. Anyhow...

zom

I always found Dave Matthews to be really cheesy, but that's just me.

zom said:
I used to listen to them ALL THE TIME before I began doing the same to Morrissey :) I still think they are fine, a broke out the Tim Reynolds live album the other day and really enjoyed. I think Dave can have wonderfly expressive lyrics. Anyhow...

zom

Yeah, I don't think much of the non-US people get them. They do most of their touring in the midwest and east coast. Then again, there are alot of west coast people that don't get them either. They have their cheesy moments but overall I dig their smooth sound.

i actually got into them before moz. good band. they have their uppers and their downers, but over all their sound is relaxing and expressive. i do wonder sometimes why they're not international, as far as i know dave isn't american... he's african, no? anywho, yeah i don't see any reason why anyone would dislike them... but yet again, i see no reason why anyone would dislike morrissey and many do.

Denia said:
i actually got into them before moz. good band. they have their uppers and their downers, but over all their sound is relaxing and expressive. i do wonder sometimes why they're not international, as far as i know dave isn't american... he's african, no? anywho, yeah i don't see any reason why anyone would dislike them... but yet again, i see no reason why anyone would dislike morrissey and many do.

Totally agree.

I would put Dave Matthews Band in my top 3, with Moz and Pink Floyd as my top musical influences. I have seen them in concert 15 times(18 after this summer). Very talented musicians and Dave's early lyrics are great, but seem to be getting worse, sort of like Morrissey I guess. Great live, and they never play the same set twice. Maybe Moz should try it. Anyone know if Moz will come to the states this fall??

ummm

Ok, I can't keep my mouth shut any longer.

Dave Matthews everyone?!?!

Re: ummm

dallow_bg said:
Ok, I can't keep my mouth shut any longer.

Dave Matthews everyone?!?!

what's wrong with Dave? explain what troubles you.

It's quite simply, Dave Matthews.

It's cool, just had to get that out of my system.
Don't mind me.

very well then...

Dave, especially in his earlier work, has alot of soul. Kinda reminds me of Jeff Buckley...who many Moz fans apparently DO like.

His latest efforts are dismal in my humble, but I dig his earlier stuff. I'll post some songs in the future for those who always wondered but never got it.

Yeah, his early stuff is better and most people should enjoy it. The problem is the general publics perception is the sappy lovey crap the release as singles, only because their other songs are too long for radio play.

Tiger Woods said:
Yeah, his early stuff is better and most people should enjoy it. The problem is the general publics perception is the sappy lovey crap the release as singles, only because their other songs are too long for radio play.
which is why although he has so many fans, he's never quite hit the mainstream. his music isn't meant for radio, it's meant for computer speakers lol. i've never been to one of his concerts but it must be interesting to see him live. his whole musicianship gimmick is great.

Live they are great. The Dave Matthews Band that is. Dave is probably the least talented of all of them musically speaking. And he's not bad. They have great energy at their shows. And drummer Carter Beauford is the greatest drummer of all time. Could play a Moz gig with one hand and his eyes closed.

I am extremely proud of this post.

Did a search on DMB and came across it.

My influence is far reaching. LOL

I liked Dave Matthews' earlier stuff and still do. Anything from his debut up until and including 'Before These Crowded Streets' was great. It reminds me of my college days. Though his work after that album has been streaky at best.

I'm sorry...really very sorry because I honestly don't mean to be insulting, but I seriously can't stand DMB. But I'm not exactly sure why...is it Dave Matthews' voice? I once got dragged to happy hour with some friends and there just happened to be a DMB cover band playing that night. Needless to say, I got really drunk that night.

The night Morrissey cancelled that show in Los Angeles due to the infamous "water main break" was the same night DMB played the Hollywood Bowl. I was so sad seeing all the excited people walking towards the Bowl. I was on the verge of tears and hoping that Morrissey didn't cancel his show because he had DMB tickets. ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom