Arctic Monkeys

burnleynotbarcelona

C'mon admit it how many of you secretly like this lot ?
Was in the pub nr Manchester Apollo before Saturday's gig and they played a couple of AM tracks and a number of people, including myself, were visibly "singing" along or at the very least mouthing the words.

Sorry, I didn't by the album and avoid their music. I think they're a bit like a bad Jam covers band.

me personally don't give a toss about those predictably boring arctic monkeys

i love em!

and i'm not ashamed to show it! *digging out arctic monkey badges from the cavern gig* :D

The Arctic Monkeys are excellent, they continue the line of classic post-Smiths English bands - Stone Roses, Oasis, Libertines, Arctic Monkeys

I should really include Radiohead in there, but they dont seem to fit!

burnleynotbarcelona said:
C'mon admit it how many of you secretly like this lot ?
Was in the pub nr Manchester Apollo before Saturday's gig and they played a couple of AM tracks and a number of people, including myself, were visibly "singing" along or at the very least mouthing the words.

:eek:They are very good, the fact that I'm still playing them in the car proves this point.
They're one of the greatest bands of the last ten years, just hope their next album is as good.

dazzak said:
Sorry, I didn't by the album and avoid their music. I think they're a bit like a bad Jam covers band.

You're getting them confused with The Ordinary Boys.

Can anyone upload one of their albums so I can see what all the fuss is about?

They only have one full album, called Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not. There's also that Who the f*** Are Arctic Monkeys EP, but A Certain Romance is on the former.

Why do I know all this, when I can't stand the band, the NME of course.

love, math+

I like them. I think they are a tight-sounding band. If you take away all the hype, all the 'awful voice' slagging (Alex sings on key, otherwise it's all subjective), then you have an excitiing band that sing some catchy, fun songs. Nothing more, nothing less. I think it's a little unfair to completely write them off until they show us their next full offering.

My favorite of theirs is 'Mardy Bum', just a great song with some touching lyrics.

Jim Rome said:
Can anyone upload one of their albums so I can see what all the fuss is about?

their whole album is basically already on their own forum (www.arcticmonkeys.com) as demos to be downloaded. these sound exactly the same as the tracks on the album! the forum also includes other stuff of theirs to download - basically the best resource!

when i got the album, i was actually really disappointed because i knew everything on it already!

dallow_bg said:
My favorite song by them.

A Certain Romance
http://download.yousendit.com/818524BF04DE89A6

It's easily the best song on there.

Well oh they might wear classic Reeboks
Or knackered Converse
Or tracky bottoms tucked in socks
But all of that's what the point is not
The point's that there ain't no romance around there
And there's the truth that they can't see
They'd probably like to throw a punch at me
And if you could only see them, then you would agree
Agree that there ain't no romance around there

You know, oh it's a funny thing you know
We'll tell 'em if you like
We'll tell 'em all tonight
They'll never listen
Cause their minds are made up
And course it's all okay to carry on that way

And over there there's broken bones
There's only music, so that there's new ringtones
And it don't take no Sherlock Holmes
To see it's a little different around here

Don't get me wrong, oh there's boys in bands
And kids who like to scrap with pool cues in their hands
And just cause he's had a couple of cans
He thinks it's alright to act like a dickhead

Don't you know, oh it's a funny thing you know
We'll tell em if you like
We'll tell em all tonight
They'll never listen
Cause their minds are made up
And course it's all okay to carry on that way

But I said
No! Oh no!
Well you won't get me to go!
Not anywhere, not anywhere
No I won't go
Oh no no!

Well over there there's friends of mine
What can I say, I've known 'em for a long long time
And yeah they might overstep the line
But I just cannot get angry in the same way
Not, not in the same way
Not in the same way
Oh no, oh no no

vivaissy said:
when i got the album, i was actually really disappointed because i knew everything on it already!

I felt the same, I like some of the versions that were online forever better than the reworked ones that ended up on the cd, especially the Dancefloor song.

Certain Romance and View From the Afternoon are stand out tracks.

Life_Is_A_Pigsty said:
The Arctic Monkeys are excellent, they continue the line of classic post-Smiths English bands - Stone Roses, Oasis, Libertines, Arctic Monkeys

I should really include Radiohead in there, but they dont seem to fit!

I'd agree with that.

I can't fathom Radiohead! I'd never sit down and want to put a Radiohead album on or even want to have them on in the car. They've got no singalongability.

vivaissy said:
their whole album is basically already on their own forum (www.arcticmonkeys.com) as demos to be downloaded. these sound exactly the same as the tracks on the album! the forum also includes other stuff of theirs to download - basically the best resource!

Hey hey hey

here it is:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=IERB44UQ

Back
Top Bottom