Magazine

Aly Panic

Slap Me On The Patio
I got into Magazine in the early 90's, I bought 'Play' and 'Real Life' on vinyl. Brilliant band and much under-rated. The best thing to buy is the three CD box set, it includes the peel sessions and a brilliant version of 'Boredom'

Interesting Magazine Facts
Magazine's drummer went on to be a third of 80's pop group 'Swing Out Sister'

Moz's friend Linder did the artwork on many Magazine sleeves.

Linder and Devoto were, you know. Greasing the wheels, for a while.
A young Moz and Devoto were friends because of this fact.

There are a few Howard Devoto/Magazine videos on youtube right now.
At this moment, I'm uploading a video of Devoto joining Buzzcocks onstage to do "I Can't Control Myself" in 1978. A sort of 'reunion'.

I ripped it from a Tony Wilson Granada TV special about Buzzcocks and Magazine which is very cool. I'd post it here but it's 1.3 GB.

Aly Panic said:
The best thing to buy is the three CD box set, it includes the peel sessions and a brilliant version of 'Boredom'

Hey, which box set is this?

I have heard that version of "Boredom" from the Peel show.
It blew me away.

I should post it.

I bought the Correct Use Of Soap in a HMV sale about 4 years ago for about £2.99 and it was one of my finest ever bargains! Excellent album, along with their previous 2

Its funny there should be a thread on magazine as they currently top priority on my "to buy" list. I've only recently found out about them after stumbling across their myspace page. So far i'm really impressed and like what i've heard- in particular loving the songs "about the weather" and "definitive gaze". Still deliberating over what to buy of theirs first though.

Aly Panic said:
'Play' or the box set as mentioned earlier!

ahh thanky! i'll have to look into those two. "Song from under the floorboards" is on Play, if i remember correctly...

Back
Top Bottom