W-S Burn

Codreanu

Ohimè.
"Their music is simply the most appropriate and honest sound to capture a feeling of exile, desolation, and repeated heartbreak."

I have been somewhat obsessed w/ this "band" lately. W-S Burn are Amanda Beddard (Pixie) and Steve Gigante -- their music, friable and reminiscent, is cultured in alienation and raw head-space, the sound of empty rooms and tape-hiss, leavened w/ sweetness and play. At their most haunting, it is like hearing a frightened Julie Doiron withdrawn into the lo-fi autism of early Jandek.

They have, in total, four limited edition, hand-painted, cdrs (gorgeous, homemade, packaging w/ written lyrics and original drawings from Pixie) available from online retailers, as well as their, infrequent, performances.

Here are some mp3s; the first two, and fourth, lack titles, as they are not listed on the packaging:

05 from "Two Dreams Tucked in Tight"

06 from "Two Dreams Tucked in Tight"

Mismatched Spoons from "Tightrope Walker"

02 from "One Egg's way of Becoming Other Eggs"

Mother from "Candy Striper"

///

click here to stream a live-in-studio performance and interview from W-S Burn on WNYC's 'Spinning on Air' Sunday, April 23, 2006.

1364479438892a6dbb15nd.jpg

Pixie

13645484573a60890566ho.jpg

Steve

4pixie2qt.jpg

wsburn35pj.jpg

I never noticed this thread! Mind uploading a bit more? Thanks in advance!

I never noticed this thread! Mind uploading a bit more? Thanks in advance!
Here are a couple of reuploaded tracks, along with great one from their new album. I didn't bother linking the mp3 archive above because few of the available songs are at all representative of their work, unless it be that of their lighter, more negligible, fare.

Mismatched Spoons (mp3)

Track 6 from "Two Dreams Tucked in Tight" (mp3)

Above the Fray (mp3)

They have a website set up now, featuring an e-mail address to purchase their recordings.

Stickfigure Distribution also has a few copies remaining of their first two releases for a very reasonable price.

Last edited:
Good to know, thanks Cod for the new link.

I didn't bother linking the mp3 archive above because few of the available songs are at all representative of their work, unless it be that of their lighter, more negligible, fare.
Okay, please ignore everything said above. Having just LOOKED at the mp3 archive for the first time in months, I can reasonably state that the tracks are either different than those previously available or my omniscience has become seriously compromised -- I now see a number (nearly ALL of them, in fact!) of EXCELLENT, fully representative, songs available for download at the aforelinked site. I was also unaware of the addition (since 20 June) of three songs from their latest effort.

How embarrassing. :o

W-S Burn - Something Borrowed (2007, Denton, TX)

W-S Burn - Tightrope Walker (2005, Nashville, TN)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom