Favorite 2nd Frontman

Lazy Sunbather

Everyday is like Sunday
Obviuosly Moz 1st, Ian Brown 2nd for me.

Bryan Ferry. He wore strange clothes, wrote lyrics that are witty, cool and still the most revolutionary I've ever heard. The first album was so amazingly imaginative that people still haven't caught up with it, the second was, somehow, even better, and they made at least three other masterpieces. Possibly the second most perfect band ever.

Jonathan Richman - one of the most energetic and amusing frontmen

Two Ians: McCulloch and Curtis.

My favorite Up-Down-Back-Sideways-Diagonal-Eighth Dimension-Anyway-But-Front Man is Mark E. Smith.

Oh, for heaven's sake...

In this order...Neil Hannon, Jeff Buckley, Scott Walker, David Gates

Showing my age.

Peter

Uncleskinny said:
In this order...Neil Hannon, Jeff Buckley, Scott Walker, David Gates

Showing my age.

Peter
I thought Sunbather meant frontmen of bands? If solo artists are included, I'd have said Bowie.

only one of them isn't

"In this order...Neil Hannon, Jeff Buckley, Scott Walker, David Gates

Showing my age.

Peter

I thought Sunbather meant frontmen of bands? If solo artists are included, I'd have said Bowie."

only buckley was solely a solo artist - 3 of those 4 fronted a band (divine comedy, walker brothers, bread).

and nice call with david gates and bread there, peter. :)

poprenaissance said:
only buckley was solely a solo artist - 3 of those 4 fronted a band (divine comedy, walker brothers, bread).

and nice call with david gates and bread there, peter. :)
Sorry. Momentary lapse of memory. Forgot about the Walker Brothers... and The Divine Comedy. I always thought Bread was a twee English sitcom, but how and ever.

Bread

Well, regarding my list above, Jeff Buckley did front a band, but played and recorded under his own name, so at a push it would count. As for Bread, well...I suspect many Moz/Smiths fans would love them if only they knew. Beautiful songs, great, if sometimes cheesy lyrics, and I would love to see Moz cover a Bread song. I'd like to suggest Dismal Day ('...it's been a rather dismal day...'), and Baby I'm-A-Want-You, although I can't see it happening.

Gawd, here I am at 39, listening to Bread, Divine Comedy (who did a wonderful There Is A Light..), Dean Friedman and The Lemonheads. What a typical Mojo reader I am. Oh, I just remembered, can we add Evan Dando to the list?

Peter

Robert Smith!!

What's wrong with you people?! :mad:

Bryan Ferry.
Mark E Smith.
My favorite Up-Down-Back-Sideways-Diagonal-Eighth Dimension-Anyway-But-Front Man is Mark E. Smith.

I had the opportunity to see The Fall play tonight and passed...
I'm kinda kicking myself. And I'm sure my co-workers will give me a firm tounge-lashing tomorrow.

My second favorite frontman? I don't know, I haven't really seen anyone, I don't really go to concerts. I saw a video of Howard Devoto with Magazine, he looked interesting. His motions (or lack of) caught my eye.

Marc E Smith beyond any doubt
50,000 Fall Fans Can't Be Wrong :)

Back
Top Bottom