Members Pics

When I was in Rome this guy who must have been about 14 came up to me and was like 'where are you from?' and I was like 'England...erm...why?' and he was like 'where? Where in England?' and I said 'Near Southampton, you probably wouldn't know it,' and began to warily step away and he said 'Oh! Southampton, a magnificient city!'. I was thinking 'yeah right, kid...which Southampton have you been to?'. There were many others though...in the beginning it was scary and weird but by the time I left I was kinda used to it. We were in a hotel for teens though, so maybe it was just because of that.

I also got a few slip of paper under my hotel room door saying stuff like 'ciao bella'.

They've certainly got some balls.

So I agree with you, Sister. It's definitely in their blood!

I think, however, that there is a difference between Northern Italians and Southern Italians. Northern Italians tend to be more reserved.

On a separate note, Dupree: I saw the ad for that movie called You, Me and Dupree on the tube the other day and thought about you. :)

Sister said:
On a separate note, Dupree: I saw the ad for that movie called You, Me and Dupree on the tube the other day and thought about you. :)

Awwww!! :D:D Sister, you're so sweet!

I saw a little snippet about that in a magazine the other day and I thought 'uh-oh, everyone is going to think that's where I got my username from'. It's cool to see someone called Dupree though. After watching American Beauty a few times I noticed the guy at Lester's work was called Brad Dupree, that made me grin like a fool.

Dupree said:
When I was in Rome this guy who must have been about 14 came up to me and was like 'where are you from?' and I was like 'England...erm...why?' and he was like 'where? Where in England?' and I said 'Near Southampton, you probably wouldn't know it,' and began to warily step away and he said 'Oh! Southampton, a magnificient city!'. I was thinking 'yeah right, kid...which Southampton have you been to?'. There were many others though...in the beginning it was scary and weird but by the time I left I was kinda used to it. We were in a hotel for teens though, so maybe it was just because of that.

I also got a few slip of paper under my hotel room door saying stuff like 'ciao bella'.

They've certainly got some balls.

So I agree with you, Sister. It's definitely in their blood!

i can't believe a few of you are nearly condoning such behaviour by Italian men. My sister can;t even step into italy without men everywhere approaching her. and she, lets just say, doesn;t care for men if you know what i mean. It's insulting. sure flirting here and there is ok as it is everywhere...but a hyper-macho, sexually aggressive society by men is insulting and, hell, i would argue a turn off. certainly italy having a low birth rate may be because the men there are pathetic.

lets take that famous case in the courts where a man was aquitted of rape because the judge argued the women was basically "asking for it" because she wore tight jeans. i guess this is just 'Italian charm'. oh yes how charming. I guess some women like to be consideered objects. Italian men are hyper-alpha, sleeze. It's a cultural thing that has gone too far.

charming...where's the charm in that? yes i was generalizing, but it's a stereotype that holds up.

Why all the hate?

And you are indeed generalizing.

I personally hate the unwanted attention more than anything else. And I have to admit that I was slightly apprehensive about it on my trip to Rome, but there was absolutely nothing like that. And I think there is a big difference between South and North and probably capital and more rural areas, like everywhere else in the world.

Plus you have to accept the cultural differences. What might seem totally inappropriate in one culture, may be the norm in another.

(This whole discussion should probably be in some other thread, not to distract the people who just want to see the pictures.)

wow yeah it's in the blood it seems...

well everything about that was joke, I'm quite shy with girls...or at least everything are jokes...when we come into the serious thing, Pervo screws everything...I've just got some luck...but forget that...

and about the italians...they are evil, you know the medicis, evil popes,corruption in the soccer, benito and his boys,matarazzi...and the list would be endless, you know they are fortunate that Mr Morrissey came to wash their sins, and make rome a new blessed city...

but still in the end I've got no bad feelings towards italian girls,they are a bit noisy but lovely as heavens

Sister said:
I agree, Italians definitely have it in the blood!

I can verify that. Yes, we do. I am always deemed inescapably fetching.

zom

Sister said:
Why all the hate?

And you are indeed generalizing.

I personally hate the unwanted attention more than anything else. And I have to admit that I was slightly apprehensive about it on my trip to Rome, but there was absolutely nothing like that. And I think there is a big difference between South and North and probably capital and more rural areas, like everywhere else in the world.

Plus you have to accept the cultural differences. What might seem totally inappropriate in one culture, may be the norm in another.

(This whole discussion should probably be in some other thread, not to distract the people who just want to see the pictures.)

well let me just add just one thing since this is a picture thread...i did say i was generalizing, as such , i meant to bring to the surface a cultural problem. obviously not all italian men are like that but enough are.

a cultural difference? tell the woman who 'asked for' getting raped that it's a cutural thing and she really is to blame for it. i don't like the liberal idea that we need respect all cultural differences. it was norm in the US to have slavery, child labor, women with no rights... i thought women would understand since in many parts of the world women are still treated like shit, with no rights. in some places (parts of pakistan for example) it's taken to the most extreme. accepting it as a cultural difference sounds like the next time a westerner goes to a place like pakistan on vacation, seeing a shame killing is just a tourist attraction: "look honey, they have a shame killing at 8...oh lets go see, it's free. don't you love how different the culture is here. very unique. i'm glad we are open-minded and tolerant enough to accept it"

perhaps i just don't find macho-centric, alpha males charming. ok, i'm done now. i need to change my user name because soon i'm going to have both the left and right hating me here.

Puddle said:
i need to change my user name because soon i'm going to have both the left and right hating me here.

puddle, i think you would definitely be forgiven by both sides if you could somehow come up with another thread that was as lively as that kinky sex thread :p

Can I just say, just for the record...I do not find the 'hyper-sleaze' Italian guys charming. As I say in my earlier post, it freaked me out but as time wore on I'd just ignore them or walk off. As far as I'm concerned everybody has the right to be free of sweaty, panting blokes hassling them.

I said that El Manzo is charming not because he's some crazy alpha male Italian like you were describing Puddle, but because as I have got to know him on the board, he's a nice bloke! What I meant was that he is probably charming in 'real life' as well.

But anyway, let us gloss over the whole deal. Pervo has it in his blood, El Manzo is a dear and sometimes bad things happen to people who don't deserve it.

Last edited:
Not all Italians are alike. Went to Florence and Venice the flirting was almost non excistent, went to Riccione, they went nuts.

It is said most Italian women are very difficult to approach let alone stand win. So they go into lengths with their wishtleling and Bella remarks.

Personally I'm a flirt myself, so I don't have a problem with it. But they should not overdo it of course.

However Italy is in my opinion, nothing to Arabic countries. This is what a happened to a Dutch reporter in Iran: http://dump.geenstijl.nl/mediabase/2076/c5418384/index.html

Go to Sweden of a change. You've never felt so free. All the women are more beautiful then you are so you'll be sure not to attract anything ;-)

My distant gaze isn't cos I was in awe. Far from it.
View attachment 643

More to do with Amsterdam maggies!

As you can see I only have one set of clothes in the world :)

Not me or anyone I know, but they have a good humor value.
I hope the "wedding picture" was "Photoshopped", if not, ummmm.....

Weddingpicture.jpg

lakepicture.jpg

Tags
*ga23 lose *the chin thing babes! ban benandrus beards r cool cute people piss me off dazzak <3 dazzak come home ebola>>>robby flattery&that fuck me good the bad and the ugly im a abused tag immodesty=ugly no flirting tnx showusyourrack skinner is hot stfusuperhans ydw nekkid pics
Back
Top Bottom