What are people's favourite non-Morrissey albums at the moment?

Nickl90

You've got everything now
Mine is probably "Silent Alarm" Bloc party and "A certain Trigger" Maximo Park

Non Moz Faves

At the moment apart from All things Moz

im listening to

The Organ 'Get that Gun'
Sons and Daughters 'Repulsions Box' - bought way before I saw them supporting Moz
Sparks - Kimono My House
Rufus Wainwright - Want 1 & 2
The Clash - Sandinista

Thank you
JIM

I'm listning to

Franz Ferdinand's "You Could Have It So Much Better"
and no matter what people say, i can't stop listning to Coldplay

Been listening to Springsteen's new album a lot: The Seeger Sessions. I realise most Moz fans would rather stick their head in an oven than listen to Bruce, but they have more in common than you might imagine.

Last edited:
I'm listening to the Ordiary boys second album at the momen. Think Boys will be boys is brilliant.

Andrew Bird - The Mysterious Production of Eggs
Hawksley Workman - Last Night We Were the Delicious Wolves
Sons and Daughters - Repulsions Box
The Flaming Lips - Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots
The Shins - Oh, Inverted World
Sisters of Mercy - Floodland

Apart from Morrissey/The Smiths I've been listening to

Sigur Ros - Takk
Malcolm Middleton - Into the Woods
Belle and Sebastian - The Life Pursuit
Arctic Monkeys - Who the f*** are the Arctic Monkeys EP

And loads of Wedding Present, going to see them the week after Moz plays Truro.

Great month really, Moz one tuesday then the weddoes the next tuesday.

I've lost all faith in new music so am trawling through the archives. Listening to Bowie (Space Oddity, Low, Station To Station) and Roxy (Avalon, For Your Pleasure) a lot. Some of the most perfect records ever.

Finally Woken by Jem
Harmonizer by Apoptygma Berzerk
Extraordinary Machine by Fiona Apple
Solitude Standing by Suzanne Vega

Last edited:
Antony and the Johnsons. Glorious, wonderful, intense, superb... and all manner of flowery hyperbole. Antony has the voice of a bruised angel.

But it's pretty much ROTT on repeat play right now and for the foreseeable future. :)

Pixies - Doolittle
Tindersticks - Trouble Every Day
Massive Attack - Blue Lines

Not too contemporary, I know.

Rushes said:
But it's pretty much ROTT on repeat play right now and for the foreseeable future. :)

-D.

Rushes said:
Antony and the Johnsons. Glorious, wonderful, intense, superb... and all manner of flowery hyperbole. Antony has the voice of a bruised angel.

I have tried SO hard to love this album but I can't. Antony's voice really bothers me. :( I loved him on 'Old Whore's Diet' but I guess I just can't handle an entire album of his.

I love the Antony and the Johnsons album and am just getting into Fiona Apple.

My fave track at the mo is Snow Patrol with Martha Wainwright she sounds so good on it, I love her album (not keen on them).

Hi at the moment i've mostly been listening to:
Kate Bush - Ariel
The Go! Team - Thunder Lightening Strike
The Flaming lips - At War with the Mistics
AFX - the Analord sreies
:)

"I don't wanna classify you like an animal in the zoo...

...But it seems good to me to know that you're Homosapien too"

A friend at work let me borrow all 3 of Pete Shelley's solo albums (not counting Sky Yen) on CD so I'm getting my taste of them.

Homosapien
XL-1
Heaven & The Sea

GenderNectar said:
Andrew Bird - The Mysterious Production of Eggs
Hawksley Workman - Last Night We Were the Delicious Wolves
Sons and Daughters - Repulsions Box
The Flaming Lips - Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots
The Shins - Oh, Inverted World
Sisters of Mercy - Floodland

Yoshimi is a weird album. I'm still not sure whether I like it or not, but it's different. I know i'm gonna sound out of the loop for this, but I got it after I recently discovered that you can 'borrow' cd's and movies from the public libraries. So I know people have made a big thing over The Flaming Lips, so I decide to burn errrrr ahhhhh I mean borrow it from the library. Any tracks you like in particular?

None Moz? Hope you don't want anything too new?

I've been listening to Jeff Buckley - Grace, Johnny Cash - Cash, Stars we Are - Marc Almond, Up the bracket - The Libertines, the Maximo Park, Actic Monkeys and latest Anthony and the Johnsons album plus hundreds of other things.

It's always nice to go back to old faves as well like Dolittle by the Pixies, Antics by Interpol, Ziggy Stardust, etc, etc - before I go on anymore.

Didn't realise I'd been listening to and enjoying so much music til I started typing!

Jim Rome said:
Yoshimi is a weird album. I'm still not sure whether I like it or not, but it's different. I know i'm gonna sound out of the loop for this, but I got it after I recently discovered that you can 'borrow' cd's and movies from the public libraries. So I know people have made a big thing over The Flaming Lips, so I decide to burn errrrr ahhhhh I mean borrow it from the library. Any tracks you like in particular?

Ahh...isn't the library wonderful? I just discovered the cd / dvd section recently too. I'm a yoga teacher and I've pilfered lots of ambient cd's from there. shhh. :D
As for Yoshimi, it really takes a few listens to enjoy it. This is one of those albums that is best listened to from begining to end. Some of my favourite tunes are 'It's Summertime', 'Do You Realize' & 'Fight Test'.
This is really a mellow, laying low mood album. Nothing to blast in the car on the way to work.

P.S I remembered some other albums I've been listening to a lot lately:

Patrick Wolf - Wind in the Wires (my god -- LOVE him!!)
Martha Wainwright - self titled
Broken Social Scene - You Forgot it in People
Stars - Set Yourself On Fire
B.R.M.C - Self titled
Spoon - Gimme Fiction <-- great album!
The Rosebuds - Birds Make Good Neighbours
Over the Rhine - Good Dog, Bad Dog
I Love You But I've Chosen Darkness - self titled (nice chill out record)

Back
Top Bottom