Pete Doherty Arrested,Experts Say He Is Mentally Ill, This time It's Jail.

• Thread starter the seeker of good forums
  • Start date
Genius or Madman?

He needs to do something, he's a bit of a danger to himself, I'm amazed that he's still alive.

First-class, fur-lined, see-faring f***wit. Goodbye I hope. Sorry if that seemed a little pointy but there you go.

He needs to be ignored. That's what you do when children behave badly. He revels in the attention, it just makes him worse.

Hate to say it but..

I really don't think anyone gets themselves sorted out in prison. Might make him worse and give him even easier access to drugs without the risk of the tabloids getting hold of any damaging pictures. A waste of a life, so far, whether or not he is a mis-understood genius, which I don't believe he is anyway.

How do the press get so many incriminating photographs of him? Is his inner circle full of narcs?

Ah well, don't much care about him anyway. I listened to the first Libertines CD for a couple weeks and haven't touched it since. Another overrated British pop star, what else is new.

this charming man said:
Well, let's all listen to that old fart Springsteen... YAWN!

I didn't say you should listen to him. I said it's silly to dismiss 20 years of his music when you probably haven't heard much of it. In reply you admitted you've actually only heard "Born in the USA." The choice is yours whether you wanna explore his catalog or not, but I find it hard to believe that someone who did wouldn't have a lot of respect for him as an artist. *shrug* I suppose your preference is for a tabloid joke of the day like Pete Doherty. That's fine. I like a few songs by him too, but when all is said and done he strikes me as rather dime-a-dozen and maybe I am too old to be very excited by that. Anyway, I'm gonna go put on the Cowboy Junkies' beautiful cover of Bruce's "Brothers Under the Bridge." Now that's music. :)

Theo said:
I didn't say you should listen to him. I said it's silly to dismiss 20 years of his music when you probably haven't heard much of it. In reply you admitted you've actually only heard "Born in the USA." The choice is yours whether you wanna explore his catalog or not, but I find it hard to believe that someone who did wouldn't have a lot of respect for him as an artist. *shrug* I suppose your preference is for a tabloid joke of the day like Pete Doherty. That's fine. I like a few songs by him too, but when all is said and done he strikes me as rather dime-a-dozen and maybe I am too old to be very excited by that. Anyway, I'm gonna go put on the Cowboy Junkies' beautiful cover of Bruce's "Brothers Under the Bridge." Now that's music. :)

If you actually take the time to read my post you will notice that I did like him prior to Born in the USA... and I don't much care for The Libertines and couldn't give a fig what happens to Pete Doherty.

What I objected to was the use of the phrase 'overrated British popstar - what else is new...' but since you won't let sleeping dogs lie then I repeat: Springsteen is an old fart!

this charming man said:
If you actually take the time to read my post you will notice that I did like him prior to Born in the USA... and I don't much care for The Libertines and couldn't give a fig what happens to Pete Doherty.

What I objected to was the use of the phrase 'overrated British popstar - what else is new...' but since you won't let sleeping dogs lie then I repeat: Springsteen is an old fart!

You slammed the entire last 20 years of Springsteen's music, and then in this post admitted you'd heard "none" of it: http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showpost.php?p=320039&postcount=13

I obviously like some British pop music; I'm on a Morrissey web site. I don't think it's a controversial statement to say that British pop music can be a ridiculous hype machine. Yet some grab me anyway. I'm quite fond of Supergrass, for example.

this charming man said:

Without jumping on either side of the spectrum, my reasoning is this:

What is the difference between an old fart and a new one? They both stink don't they?!

I don't think Springsteen is a fart btw...

Theo said:
I'm quite fond of Supergrass, for example.

Yeh - me too! Although Gazza is a bit of an old fart and wearing a bit thin on top... they still rock!!

Actually, Supergrass supported my old band in Camden around 1994 although there were (of course) totally unknown at the time...

It is amusing to watch his downfall lol

I admit that I adore Pete Doherty (yes I have a weakness for tortured, broken, bonkers, defective people; the mommy in me wants to pull him to my bosom and console his fears away and make him feel oh-so loved *smirk*) and I think he is an excellent songwriter. Unfortunately, "The Libertines" pales in comparison to "Up the Bracket." I do hope he can get off the drugs though; addiction is a horrible thing and I wouldn't wish such an illness on my worst enemy.

Back
Top Bottom