The Opera House - strict seating policy

K

Kill All Touts

The Opera House hosted it's first ever gigs late last year when Gorillaz played 5 nights there.
Each night there was grief from the security as fans were told under no certain terms must they stand up during the show. Fans who ignored this 'request' were ejected!

Equally, The Bridgewater Hall has never taken the seats out for a gig to my knowledge. The stage is quite low and very easily accessable! Clearly something is going to have to change here, either the stage made higher, seats removed or a very very tight stage security in presence who would ultimately block fans views!

The stage at Bridgewater Hall is at least 3 times the size of the one at Preston where he played on the last tour and no major reconstruction was undertaken there. I went to an all seater in lIverpool to see Moz many years ago and all the seats were ripped out and thrown in the pit by fans getting their legs crushed as the crowd tried to get forward. Surely they'll take the seats out??

> The Opera House hosted it's first ever gigs late last year when Gorillaz
> played 5 nights there.
> Each night there was grief from the security as fans were told under no
> certain terms must they stand up during the show. Fans who ignored this
> 'request' were ejected!

> Equally, The Bridgewater Hall has never taken the seats out for a gig to
> my knowledge. The stage is quite low and very easily accessable! Clearly
> something is going to have to change here, either the stage made higher,
> seats removed or a very very tight stage security in presence who would
> ultimately block fans views!

If they try that with a Moz show, they will have to kick out roughly 80% of the audience. Never happen. If everyone stands, they will be powerless.

Back
Top Bottom