concerts and contact

N

[name removed]

Dear fans,
I've just discovered the site and I would like to ask you a question but let me tell you in advance that I posed a similar question in the james website and people kind of ostracized me, don't know why. So I am asking for your kindess to regard this question normally . I am a Turkish fan and Morrissey was supposed to do a gig here in Turkey, and my friends told me that it was cancelled due to some authorities' and musicians suggestions that he should not come here. In a similar way, Tim Booth cancelled his gig last year, on a day very close to the day of the performance, be it because of the same reason or some other, that we don't know.
So, I have no knowledge of the ease with which fans can contact musicians through sites and other ways and therefore I am asking you to let me know if you know a way to do this, or for instance should I(along with many other fans) contact his record company? Would it work?
I am such a dedicated fan, and know of many other fans just as dedicated, you can understand from the way they lead their lives, you know, how they struggle to understand this world better each day and from the roads they choose that are 'less travelled'. If we were rich people, we wouldn't mind to fly to England, wherever there is a Morrissey gig you know, and there are so many of us who'd love to do that, but we just aren't. I still cannot understand how come people like PJ Harvey and Patti Smith come here and more beautiful people(in my opinion)and even the most beautiful ones don't...well, i'm just desparate is all... and thanks to all of you in advance. a very nice site, indeed.

try with myspace, http://www.myspace.com/theone3 you could send a message to Boz, maybe he'll be kind enough for answer you (even the question is not about his band but well...) or try via a Q&A on true to you...

thank you very much, pyros, trying is the best thing, "shyness is good" but it can stop people indeed, as Morrissey says, so I'll try no matter how ridiculous it seems =))

1 more question (about I know it's over)

nice, i should've said(instead of shyness is good--in the previous message..mindlessness)...there is a live version of I know it's over, in which Morrissey cries "Jesus Christ, how can you be so stupid, leave him alone you idiot, leave him alone", ever since I've had the song,I've always wondered what the incidence was, that drove him so mad (apparently some guys in front kind of pushed and disturbed another guy, but i cannot imagine the severity of the situation) and whether it is typical of relatively local gigs, I mean whether people often do whatever they did there and thus harass one another.

Re: 1 more question (about I know it's over)

it was the security who was a bit rude with the audience from what i know

Back
Top Bottom