The Ordinary Boys and the fickle Moz.

P

Pitman

Got any biscuits?
There i was flicking through the usual morning rag under torchlight down the pit when i noticed a story about sales of the latest Ordinary Boys album going up ten-fold since the singer joined that f***ing dense reality show, i nearly shit a coal out i can tell you. TOB are woefully awful, Morrissey (as great a talent as he is) has a terrible track record of championing bands....with maybe a few exceptions who slip me miners hat just for the minute. The fact is Morrissey won't listen to anybody unless they champion him first. I recently read with interest that he doesn't rate any other contempory lyricists around...well quiff head try Nick Cave, Guy Harvey, Stephin Merritt, David Gedge, Gordon McIntyre (Ballboy), The Trashcan Sinatras. That said i don't think Morrissey will listen unless they write about how great he is...i hope i'm wrong but i doubt it.

Oh and i really hope none of you lot have started to watch that previously mentioned reality show (which shall remain nameless) just because there might possibly be a mention of his royal lordship...please say no, but i fear the answers yes.

Right i gotta go get me chips 'n' beans, i'm up early...i've got coal to dig.

Yer get me?

MC Pitman aka plate face.

pitman

You are a bit of an idiot.

If you go off everything Mozz has said in the press and pretty much any documentary that gets anywhere close to him, he is music obsessed, thats one of the great things about him, he doesnt concern himself with the showbiz award-show side of things, just the music.

In the Importance of being Morrissey documentary it has him playing loads of songs by artists most of whom he has no connection with at all, Joni Mitchell for example, who he even personally interviewed despite having no real prior connection at all.

And where has TOB been championed by Mozz? If im right in recalling they appeared on the same Jules Holland show as him a year or so ago, they got their picture etc. done with him and were clearly fans, but he didnt champion them at all, and I cant remember ever seeing him doing so.

So yes, you are talking nonsence.

They supported him at RFH and appeared at Move and somewhere else if I recall.

That Preston is a complete and utter moron and how he ever got into the Smiths or Morrissey, I shall never know.

> They supported him at RFH and appeared at Move and somewhere else if I
> recall.

> That Preston is a complete and utter moron and how he ever got into the
> Smiths or Morrissey, I shall never know.
Well thats shut me up then.

I forgot about that.

But still, throughout the years hes championed lots of artists who havent made the first step as the original poster says, and theres been plenty who have 'championed' him and he hasnt repayed the compliment to say the least, Pete Docherty for one, and some bird whose name I dont recall who allegedly approached him once, early 90's I think, and said 'Hey man, great records' to which he replied 'What the f*** do you know?'.

Which I thought was quite funny...quite rude though!

I'm sure he wasn't "championing" them, they were probably the best of a bad bunch. I just thought I'd remind you though, while I still remember.
Things could be worse, both Franz Ferdinand and Ordinary Boy could be in there. Always look on the other channel first.

That show really is the pits don't you think?

I don't recall mentioning showbiz award accolades or questioning his passion for music, i just mean his love for contemporary bands seems to depend on them laying praise on him...whether good or bad. I mean there are hundreds of better bands out there than the Ordinary Boys yet he chose them as a support, the clues in their name sunshine.
You've obviously had your head up your arse...but i can lend you a torch light so alls not lost.

God forbid i question the mighty one, but i will and am, so balls.

Now me chips 'n' beans have gone cold, fool!

yer get me?

MC Pitman (Morrissey fan)

Now i'm sure Pete was in the Libertines once, they supported him in London and he had his picture taken with the band, he also included them on that NME compilation he made...the case continues.

I won't go on, i got coal to dig.

Pitman.

The Ordinary Boys aren't awful at all. They are a talented band. Stop posting useless messages that can only draw negative responses.

Yep, it appears that flattery gets you everywhere with Moz. What do the new crop of bands he's 'championed'/asked to support him have in common? They are all known to be Smiths/Moz fans and heavily influenced by him. The Ordinary Boys went one better by naming their band after his song. As long as he hears his own influence in a band or artist, it would seem, he approves. The actual quality of the music seems to have litle bearing.

> The Ordinary Boys aren't awful at all. They are a talented band. Stop
> posting useless messages that can only draw negative responses.

If so then why has the singer had to go on a reality show? To boost sales of a very average band with a short pond life perhaps?
You obviously don't read many of the posts here if you think this is a negative and useless one. I'm (god forbid) just having an opinion like everybody should...i'm not being personal about anybody here or spreading any hate so don't try to censor me.

Oh Sorry, everything is great and wholesome Gareth...life as a tortoise must be tough i guess.

shall we do a cyber conga?

Pitman.

> Yep, it appears that flattery gets you everywhere with Moz. What do the
> new crop of bands he's 'championed'/asked to support him have in common?
> They are all known to be Smiths/Moz fans and heavily influenced by him.
> The Ordinary Boys went one better by naming their band after his song. As
> long as he hears his own influence in a band or artist, it would seem, he
> approves. The actual quality of the music seems to have litle bearing.

Thank Arthur Scargill for meg,
somebody who can see the coal for the pits.

Oh never question the Moz here...god forbid.

Pitman, shift over.

> The Ordinary Boys aren't awful at all.

I agree, ever heard FF?

They make Preston look positively half intelligent.

I think maybe you should give them another listen, or go to see them live.

It's the old gem of jump off the bandwagon as soon as they get some acclamation, it just goes to show how fickle people are. "Oh they've been on television now, that's just not cool, i always knew they were crap".

And i will be watching Big Brother, a bit of light entertainment never hurt anybody. I really wish people would stop taking themselves so seriously & lighten up a bit, the world won't end if people watch mindless television & don't agree with your musical tastes.

it was morrissey who was mad about the libertines, once they found out he had been coming to gigs they then mentioned that they were fans. the ordinary boys write better lyrics than 90% of other acts.
lyrically its all very smiths / the jam which is by no means a bad thing at all.

Weekend Revolution Lyrics
by The Ordinary Boys

The daily drudge deals a mean hand,
Menial commerce makes a mean man,
You're gonna, you're gonna have a fine time,
Just, just not on my time.

If they could peer behind the screens,
At all your sordid little schemes,
You unleash the tension,
Do things I wouldn't mention.

Your weekday demons take their toll on you,
But your weekend revolution just won't do.
Don't hang yourself with your Christmas tie,
In your coffin flat, you sit and die.

Your weekend revolution.

Your Mother's proud of her only son,
What if she'd seen the things he's done.
Friday and your five day prison,
Glazed eyes and double vision.

You loutish lads look not for love,
You grab your loins and hunt for blood,
You unleash the tension,
Do things I wouldn't mention.

Your weekend revolution.

Your weekend revolution,
Your weekend revolution.

Oh, to get ahead in this world,

TaKes a lot of kind words,
And ruthless damning actions,
And I hope, I never have to hurt you,
Though I gladly will do, my friend.

And I'll be reading in the kitchen,
Sipping lazy cups of tea,
I won't be brooding in my bedroom,
With the shutters down on me,

And this song is not cathartic,
Because I've done nothing wrong,
It's just a song,
It's just a song.

Ah, you see the more you're trying,
The more I know you're lying,
The more I start to hate the sight of you,
Tell me what you would do?
Pulled by both arms, nearly torn in two.

I won't be crying in my bedroom,
With the covers over me,

It's just a song,
It's just a song.

I won't be brooding in my bedroom,
With the shutters down on me,

It's just a song,
It's just a song.

It's just a song,
It's just a song.

> If so then why has the singer had to go on a reality show? To boost sales
> of a very average band with a short pond life perhaps?
> You obviously don't read many of the posts here if you think this is a
> negative and useless one. I'm (god forbid) just having an opinion like
> everybody should...i'm not being personal about anybody here or spreading
> any hate so don't try to censor me.

> Oh Sorry, everything is great and wholesome Gareth...life as a tortoise
> must be tough i guess.

> shall we do a cyber conga?

> Pitman.

Stop whining.

boys, boys, boys, are you looking for a good time?

> I think maybe you should give them another listen, or go to see them live.

> It's the old gem of jump off the bandwagon as soon as they get some
> acclamation, it just goes to show how fickle people are. "Oh they've
> been on television now, that's just not cool, i always knew they were
> crap".

> And i will be watching Big Brother, a bit of light entertainment never
> hurt anybody. I really wish people would stop taking themselves so
> seriously & lighten up a bit, the world won't end if people watch
> mindless television & don't agree with your musical tastes.

Fooook After a long day down a shaft i come up to this drivel. I honestly dis-liked em' (T0B) the moment my poor ears had the mis-fortune to hear their sub standard ska meets erm indie-mod...hence long before 'Bolton's' appearance on the telly box. So come back Gene, who for the record were far better and pretty much got slated (unlike TOB) for sounding like the people who influenced them. So like you told me the world won't end if i disagree with your musical tastes, in this case i do.
Nor am i not telling you people what to listen to or what to watch...i'm just giving my two penneth. Sadly 'light entertainment' as you put it and simple pot noodle television is rife...now would people dis-own Morrissey if he went on some shit reality show?

Are you all bloody Thatcherites these days and therefore hate 'Miners With Attitude'? Yeah MWA right at yer right straight outta Kiveton.
Right i'm off for some chips 'n' beans 'n' a cup a tea 'n' some custard creams.

Yer get me?

Pitman aka plate face.

Back
Top Bottom