joyce to join marr

L

lostsoul

on channel4 page 351 it says that mike jiyce is goin to join marr and rourke at manchester against cancer, he says there was no point asking morrissey

Re: doubt

> on channel4 page 351 it says that mike *jiyce* is goin to join marr and
> rourke at manchester against cancer, he says there was no point asking
> morrissey

marr, at least, has more sense than that

> on channel4 page 351 it says that mike jiyce is goin to join marr and
> rourke at manchester against cancer, he says there was no point asking
> morrissey
whose gonna sing

> whose gonna sing
I think they're planning on just playing the music to a few songs, Rourke mentioned they might try and coax Johhny into doing How Soon is Now.

One presumes Oscilate Wildly will also be played, which Rourke confirmed I think.

Shame Mozz wont be there, it would have been great as a one off spectacle, no chance now with Joyce in on it, he'd barely get on stage before he had Joyce by the throat!

> I think they're planning on just playing the music to a few songs, Rourke
> mentioned they might try and coax Johhny into doing How Soon is Now.

> One presumes Oscilate Wildly will also be played, which Rourke confirmed I
> think.

> Shame Mozz wont be there, it would have been great as a one off spectacle,
> no chance now with Joyce in on it, he'd barely get on stage before he had
> Joyce by the throat!

It would shocking if it did happen, but i think maybe it was a way of selling tickets for a worth while cause, by keeping the mystery open.

Not going to happen. Joyce is not included in the line-up. His recent interviews on the radio put paid to that. Shame really because the whole situation was mellowing up until that point.
Morrissey's revelation that he has not paid anyone for five years and that this is due to the mischief of Joyce and his lawyers must have hit Rourke hard. By not making the courts aware that funds he was accessing had other beneficiaries is downright disgusting - not least because he is a wealthy man. Rourke works hard daily for his living and has suffered financially as a result of Joyce's chicanery and double standards.
It seems Joyce is finding it difficult that Rourke is still working and earning a living from the music business whilst he is effectively retired on a handsome pension.
It's all a question of choices and loyalty.
Rourke left Vinny Peculiar because he was being lied to and ripped off. Joyce abandoned loyalty and stayed. Funnily enough, the band's European agent was then forced to pull many gigs as promoters didn't have faith in the pulling power of the band anymore.
All things considered this say a lot about the relative worth of all individuals concerned.
Vinny is back where he started and - where he belongs.
Lies, deception and dishonesty sometimes have a heavy price.
It seems that even with his payout, Joyce feels the need to compete with the altogether less well off but infinitely more honourable Rourke.
I believe that the possibility of three Smiths collaborating once more - one day - is real.
They had a superb chemistry which cannot be denied - and of course it is clear that they also stimulated creativity in each other.
Marr has said Rourke was the best bass player he's ever worked with.
Rourke has never found another foil for his own musicianship to match that of his old friend
Morrissey - is a poet and relies heavily on musicians to showcase the wit and beauty in his words.
It would be a tragedy if they never explored this possibility.
It is a shame that Joyce could not maintain his dignity and wait to see what the future holds.
I believe that now, in any case, that future is a little farther away than it really might have been.
I'm going to the gig on the 28 of Jan - let's see how they get along.

Back
Top Bottom