"At Amber" Recording Date?

O

Oso Blanco

Hi everyone,

I wonder if there is any information about the recording of the track "At Amber". It was co-written by Stephen Street, but released after Morrissey's collaboration with Street, as a b-side to "Picadilly Palare".

So, my question is: During which session or time period did Morrissey record "At Amber", and who played the instruments on that track?

I'm sure someone around here has the answers I need!

It's a tricky one! I think it is from the same sessions as Interesting Drug and was originally intended to be a b-side for it. The Piccadilly Palare version is a remix of this. I think.

The demo of the song "the bed took fire" as it was titled then came out on the net at the same time as "Oh Phoney" and "Striptease with a difference" Not sure if that helps putting a date on it or not.

Re: "At Amber" Details

According to Simon Goddard's revised and expanded edition of Songs That Saved Your Life, the recording took place at Wool Hall, Bath, in November 1988. This was the same session that also spawned "Last of the Famous International Playboys," "Lucky Lisp," "Michael's Bones," "Such a Little Thing Makes Such a Big Difference," and "Interesting Drug." The musicians were Craig Gannon and Neil Taylor on guitars, Andy Rourke on bass, Mike Joyce on drums, and Stephen Street on keyboards.

As Boy_afraid_Liverpool pointed out, it was originally titled "The Bed Took Fire" and subsequently remixed by Langer and Winstanley for the "Piccadilly Palare" 12-inch and CD single. It was performed just once live, the opening show of the 2002 tour in Phoenix, AZ.

Cheers,

Jamie

'At Amber' 09/08/02 Celebrity Theatre, Phoenix

> It was performed
> just once live, the opening show of the 2002 tour in Phoenix, AZ.

And here it is!

At Amber (live)

Re: "At Amber" Details

Thanks, Jamie! That's exactly the information I was looking for! Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom