Julian Cope on Moz

J

Johnny

Ive been reading a couple of books by that mad genius Julian Cope.

A few interesting Smith/Moz related bits.

Ex Teardrop Explodes told Saint Julian that he was fired from producing the Smiths debut album because he and Marr were becoming very close(now where have we heard that scenario before),Nothing to do with the cloth eared production then eh Troy?

The Smiths were fans though and saw the Teardrops several times and sent flowers backstage.

Personally, I never trust a man who dresses up as turtle for an album cover

> Ive been reading a couple of books by that mad genius Julian Cope.

> A few interesting Smith/Moz related bits.

> Ex Teardrop Explodes told Saint Julian that he was fired from producing
> the Smiths debut album because he and Marr were becoming very close(now
> where have we heard that scenario before),Nothing to do with the cloth
> eared production then eh Troy?

> The Smiths were fans though and saw the Teardrops several times and sent
> flowers backstage.

> Personally, I never trust a man who dresses up as turtle for an album
> cover

ah yes.

now, i'm in the mood for Easter Everywhere.....

> ah yes.

> now, i'm in the mood for Easter Everywhere.....

Fascinating books if you can get them Suzanne.First one is "Head-On" (Memories of the Liverpool Punk scene and the Teardrop Explodes 1976-1982.

Second is "Repossessed" ( Shamanic depressions in Tamworth and London) 1983-89).

I got both of them for 3 pounds.

I would have thought it very likely that most people working for the Smiths would get closer to Johnny as he seems more comfortable in social situations than Morrissey and liked the rock and roll lifestyle.
Maybe they can't accept they were sacked because they weren't very good. I'm looking at you, John Porter.

I'm going to see him in Nottingham next month!

Which reminds me, must buy the tickets!

Re: I'm going to see him in Nottingham next month!

> Which reminds me, must buy the tickets!

I saw him at the RFH earlier this year. I'm not that familiar with his stuff but it was a great show. Certainly gives good value - climbing onto the balconies, snogging with some fans in the front rows. He did an hour plus before the support came on and then getting on for two afterwards.

Back
Top Bottom