NME's take on Ringleader of The Tormentors

B

Bournemoz

They've heard it and the word is it's BIG and will see Moz firmly cement his place as THE rock indie god.

More confident sounding - a big step on from Quarry. It apparently rocks - the band have really gelled.

At least three blatantly obvious singles on there - At times the LP has an Oasis feel to it.

It's full of anthems.

All this according to the deputy news ed of NME whom we interview each week at a radio station in Bournemouth, UK.

> They've heard it and the word is it's BIG and will see Moz firmly cement
> his place as THE rock indie god.

thank god after 20 years of not knowing!

> More confident sounding - a big step on from Quarry. It apparently rocks -
> the band have really gelled.

that's good. i got good shoes and want to pogo.

> At least three blatantly obvious singles on there - At times the LP has an
> Oasis feel to it.

my guess is that it's alain's contribution.

> It's full of anthems.

> All this according to the deputy news ed of NME whom we interview each
> week at a radio station in Bournemouth, UK.

Re: ambivalance

There's a part of me that goes YEEEES!!!! FUUUUCKING YEEEEEEES!!!! to that announcement....

But then again - will that make him even bigger than he has become with Quarry??? I think he deserves every bit of success and I know he enjoys it... but I'm sick of having to go and see him at these huge arenas. I want to see him in those 800+ clubs down the road from me again. And I'm sick of seeing people who would otherwise listen to Oasis and Bon Jovi dance away to his songs.

Damn..... think I'll have to wait through three bad albums and at least five years of bloody arenas and headlining spots at muddy festivals....

> They've heard it and the word is it's BIG and will see Moz firmly cement
> his place as THE rock indie god.

> More confident sounding - a big step on from Quarry. It apparently rocks -
> the band have really gelled.

> At least three blatantly obvious singles on there - At times the LP has an
> Oasis feel to it.

> It's full of anthems.

> All this according to the deputy news ed of NME whom we interview each
> week at a radio station in Bournemouth, UK.

Re: ambivalance

He never does only arenas though does he? Look at the plans for Manchester. They can't all be huge venues and a lot of the last UK tour was small places.

You just have to be picky about where you go to see him and leave the barns to the plebs!

The only thing that worries me is the Oasis influence. The Healers came across as substandard Oasis, I hope he doesn't make the same mistake.

Back
Top Bottom