Morrissey Manchester...

J

Jack Duckworth

So, can we have some kind of sweepstake as to which four venues Morrissey might pick for Manchester? I'm hoping they will all be small, personal affairs!!!

Any ideas on which venues could be chosen??

g

The Northern Way!

Two threads about this lower down. I reckon after much discussion the following will be the four: -

Apollo
MEN
Bridgewater Hall
Lowry

Subs Bench
Star and Garter ;-)

> So, can we have some kind of sweepstake as to which four venues Morrissey
> might pick for Manchester? I'm hoping they will all be small, personal
> affairs!!!

> Any ideas on which venues could be chosen??

> g

don't count out the ritz or the palace...the ritz has featured intimate gigs from people like elbow recently and the palace just had the gorillaz

i hope they're all spread out through the year...bridgewater hall would be fantastic...the acoustics are brill!

George, how's the book not coming along............

> don't count out the ritz or the palace...the ritz has featured intimate
> gigs from people like elbow recently and the palace just had the gorillaz

> i hope they're all spread out through the year...bridgewater hall would be
> fantastic...the acoustics are brill!

Gorillaz played The Opera House, not The Palace....

My bets are

MEN Arena
Ritz
Bridgewater Hall
Academy 1

If he plays the Ritz (which i suggested first on here as a laugh :p) i will get my hairy arse out in the queue.

50-50 academy, but he hates playing student venues, he did all that in the 80's.

A thought, what about a public park in Manchester, any big enough?

> Gorillaz played The Opera House, not The Palace....

> My bets are

> MEN Arena
> Ritz
> Bridgewater Hall
> Academy 1

Well there are three parks big enough - two have hosted concerts - Heaton Park (biggest municipal park in Europe!) and Platt Fields in Rusholme (now that would be good!) and Wythenshawe Park is the third one.

You can forget the parks. Even in July or August he wouldn't go to the trouble of setting up such a huge gig. Move was different, all he had to do was turn up for the festival. Of course it would be freezing as well.

My Bet.

Palace
Opera House
Ritz
Arena

He's played them all before.

I've checked out my Academy source, who didn't know what the hell I was talking about, so...

The Bridgewater and The Lowry would be silly, can you imagine the state the seats would be left in?

But who knows

> Palace
> Opera House
> Ritz
> Arena

> He's played them all before.

When did he play the Opera House?

I get the Opera House and The Palace confused. So much so that I have come very close to turning up at the wrong venue in the past. Of course you know already that The Smiths played the Palace Theatre, so I won't mention it!!

No problem BB!
Yes I know they played at The Palace - I was there!!
Here's waiting for the next Manchester gigs!

Back
Top Bottom