My Favourite Album Of 2005-Editors: The Back Room

B

Be Yourself

I hope you enjoy this album as much as I have done, and continue to do.
Excellent Live Band too.
Roll on 27 Feb 2006 Manchester Academy!

01 Lights.m4a" (2415 KB)
http://s63.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=362BS5GOH0DMC1LQ8022DGUVAQ

02 Munich.m4a" (3579 KB)
http://s57.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0S44GFM0Y71JW2K0BORYW5POI1

03 Blood.m4a" (3292 KB)
http://s57.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1R4OQ5WAXLGK115K9B5GVFSQUF

04 Fall.m4a" (4829 KB)
http://s57.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=19O9A7T7L62YE05S6GRIJ8GI67

05 All Sparks.m4a" (3367 KB)
http://s57.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=34CC0ORASJ89C06P2LZW5ANNOJ

06 Camera.m4a" (4769 KB)
http://s53.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1OWDM1934ANOO1MGK24ZJQ8KUA

07 Fingers In The Factories.m4a" (4016 KB)
http://s53.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0POQ97I8NU8OE1R82T2IO5OE23

08 Bullets.m4a" (3004 KB)
http://s53.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2P48UT09SAW6O0QB25QPDBJRZV

09 Someone Says.m4a" (3044 KB)
http://s53.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2HKY459T4JE8Y3R7OSGH2C7OUW

10 Open Your Arms.m4a" (5702 KB)
http://s53.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1KXG7GHI6HL2E15ZGDWASY4YZJ

11 Distance.m4a" (3467 KB)
http://s53.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2Y3IVQT8D9KFL12IWJ8YPAJ9BL

Complete Interpol and therefore Joy Division rip-offs. Meaningless lyrics. His voice is a horrible copy of Ian Curtis and Ian McCulloch. Just awful.

> Complete Interpol and therefore Joy Division rip-offs. Meaningless lyrics.
> His voice is a horrible copy of Ian Curtis and Ian McCulloch. Just awful.

editors are f***ing awsome.

and you are an annoying little boy who seems to think that his opinion matters.
thank f*** we don't all have the same taste or else this place would be empty and you'd spend all day talking to yourself ,oh but wait .... you already do.

> and you are an annoying little boy who seems to think that his opinion
> matters.
> thank f*** we don't all have the same taste or else this place would be
> empty and you'd spend all day talking to yourself ,oh but wait .... you
> already do.

My opinion obviously does matter if you felt moved enough to type a childish tirade against me.

You're clearly an idiot, though. Not only because you defend The Editors so vehemently, but also because of your English which is only really excusable if you're not an English speaker. And your logic is all over the place.

Amazing what you can tell from a few sentences.

You horrible little spiteful bastard!
Someone took the trouble to post an album for anyone who wanted it, if you don't want it that's fine, but keep your f***ing opinions to yourself you nasty little shit.
You wanna try posting something yourself instead of asking for free shit all the time you lousy f***ing parasite.
PS I already have the CD, but thanks anyway freeyourself, "here's what you should do" is right, Editors are awesome!

Very enjoyable

I've known about them for a few weeks. They don't set my world on fire or anything, but I love the music. Very Interpol/Joy Division, but I can dig it. It has more "refined" JD sound, if that makes any sense. More accessible.

I wouldn't mind seeing them live.

> You horrible little spiteful bastard!
> Someone took the trouble to post an album for anyone who wanted it, if you
> don't want it that's fine, but keep your f***ing opinions to yourself you
> nasty little shit.
> You wanna try posting something yourself instead of asking for free shit
> all the time you lousy f***ing parasite.
> PS I already have the CD, but thanks anyway freeyourself, "here's
> what you should do" is right, Editors are awesome!

You seem to be related to Here's What You Should Do. Same idiocy and bad English.

I don't think my criticism of The Editors has anything to do with Be Yourself (not Freeyourself as you oddly said). I am sorry if I offended them. I just have this habit of voicing my opinion which is usually, as it is now, correct.

> You seem to be related to Here's What You Should Do. Same idiocy and bad
> English.

> I don't think my criticism of The Editors has anything to do with Be
> Yourself (not Freeyourself as you oddly said). I am sorry if I offended
> them. I just have this habit of voicing my opinion which is usually, as it
> is now, correct.

be yourself is freeyourself you twat.

Re: Very enjoyable

I quite like them too, nothing spectacular, but enjoyeable certainly.

> I quite like them too, nothing spectacular, but enjoyeable certainly.

Yeah, regardless of what the unpleasant twerp below had to say, Editors have made an excellent debut album that contains at least two of the finest singles of the year in 'Blood' and 'Munich'.
No one is saying they are the second coming, but their album shows considerable potential and they are formidable live.
The Interpol/Joy Division references are somewhat predictable and typical of the kind of lazy journalism that seeks to undermine most new bands, but even so, they are/were both fine bands (Antics by Interpol was another highlight for me), so it's hardly an insult.
Rather Interpol/Joy Division, than Coldplay/The Strokes/Libertines or whoever else everyone is trying to sound like this week.
Weren't The Smiths compared to Aztec Camera by some cloth-eared fool in an early review?
I hope Editors aren't clubbed to death with the 'Joy Division copyist' tag, in the same way that another band who I was very fond of, Gene, were, by the constant references to Moz /The Smiths.

Tom's voice does sound a bit like Curtis's coz its harsh and gratey... But their songs are not Joy Divisonesquey to me at all... They're far to upbeat... I LOVE EMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

> Yeah, regardless of what the unpleasant twerp below had to say, Editors
> have made an excellent debut album that contains at least two of the
> finest singles of the year in 'Blood' and 'Munich'.
> No one is saying they are the second coming, but their album shows
> considerable potential and they are formidable live.
> The Interpol/Joy Division references are somewhat predictable and typical
> of the kind of lazy journalism that seeks to undermine most new bands, but
> even so, they are/were both fine bands (Antics by Interpol was another
> highlight for me), so it's hardly an insult.
> Rather Interpol/Joy Division, than Coldplay/The Strokes/Libertines or
> whoever else everyone is trying to sound like this week.
> Weren't The Smiths compared to Aztec Camera by some cloth-eared fool in an
> early review?
> I hope Editors aren't clubbed to death with the 'Joy Division copyist'
> tag, in the same way that another band who I was very fond of, Gene, were,
> by the constant references to Moz /The Smiths.

Okay, ignoring the fact that they are wholly unoriginal - their lyrics are still rubbish. "You don't need this disease/you don't/you don't need this disease..." ad infinitum does not a good song make. And I don't know what you're talking about when you mention predictable and lazy journalism undermining The Editors. Every magazine is just as dumb as you. I haven't read one bad review about them.

And the difference with Gene is that they had talent. To me their only defect was their big similarity to The Smiths.

But the bottom line is that The Editors are boring as f***. They bring absolutely nothing new to a music scene already drenched in stolen lyrics, riffs and images.

DaZZak if you saw them liVe....

You would appreciate just how exhilarating and exciting they are... And Gene were fantastic but being compared to the Smiths all the time must have weighed down their chances of success. Which is a terrible shame coZ if any band deserved to make it BIG they did.. RoZZer's lyrics were unparalleled!

shut up dazzak, shut up now.

Perhaps you should learn to control your premature ejaculation problem before you attempt to join in when the grown-ups are talking.
Still, against my better judgement, I'm prepared to take this opportunity to educate you.

> Okay, ignoring the fact that they are wholly unoriginal

Unoriginal? Who f***ing cares about "originality"?
There are a thousand, so-called, "avant garde" "artists" who you can listen to while you sew leather elbow patches onto your tweed jacket.
So they remind you of Interpol/Joy Division, so f***ing what.
You say that like it's a bad thing.
We enjoy it when someone gives a different twist to something we already like, you know, like Morrissey did when he appropriated the wit and style of Oscar Wilde, and borrowed so extensively from Shelagh Delaney, amongst others.
"Originality" comes in many forms, not least is a particular fusion of styles and influences that create something 'new', something not quite the same as what preceded it, but where some of the influences are evident.
Apart from a few bitter types, no one gives a f***.

- their lyrics are
> still rubbish. "You don't need this disease/you don't/you don't need
> this disease..." ad infinitum does not a good song make.

And you'd know all about what makes a "good song" I suppose.
Have you mastered 'Ring around the roses' yet from your "Learn To Play Guitar Like Everyone Else" books?
We all know that Morrissey has an exceptional talent when it comes to writing lyrics, which makes it difficult for us to accept lyrics that don't reach these unfeasibly high standards, even from Morrissey himself, but any fool can take a line out of context and pour scorn upon it, yes, even from Morrissey's lyrics, if they were so inclined.

And I don't
> know what you're talking about when you mention predictable and lazy
> journalism undermining The Editors.

Well allow me to explain then.
It's lazy and predictable journalism writing Editors off as nothing more than a Joy Division tribute act.
There, does that make it any clearer for you?

Every magazine is just as dumb as you.
> I haven't read one bad review about them.

That's because, unlike you, they have the ability to write good songs and play them extremely well.

> And the difference with Gene is that they had talent. To me their only
> defect was their big similarity to The Smiths.

Yes, we've already established that you demand 100% "originality" before you're prepared to stop masturbating and pay attention.

> But the bottom line is that The Editors are boring as f***.

Don't you mean as boring as never getting a "f***", which is all you are qualified to discuss.

They bring
> absolutely nothing new to a music scene already drenched in stolen lyrics,
> riffs and images.

'Panic' sounds very much like 'Metal Guru', so what?
Talent borrows, genius steals.

You're outburst was highly inappropriate, given that, as another poster has pointed out, I had gone to the trouble of posting the CD in question for those who might want to hear it.
I know you are only a child, and are struggling with your sexuality, but you really do need to learn some manners.

btw, be warned, you've got off light this time, but make one more disparaging remark about me and I'll stamp you out.

f*** OFF DAZZAK!

I'VE BEEN TO SEE EDITORS (PLEASE NOTE THAT'S EDITORS AND NOT "THE" EDITORS)3 TIMES IN THE LAST TWO MONTHS, AND BELIEVE ME THEY AE SOMETHING SPECIAL.

MAYBE YOU SHOULD GET OUT OF THAT TWISTED AND PRETENTIOUS LITTLE WORLD YOU LIVE IN, AND GO AND SEE SOME NEW MUSIC...f***IN ARSE BANDIT!!!

LOL

> I'VE BEEN TO SEE EDITORS (PLEASE NOTE THAT'S EDITORS AND NOT
> "THE" EDITORS)3 TIMES IN THE LAST TWO MONTHS, AND BELIEVE ME
> THEY AE SOMETHING SPECIAL.

> MAYBE YOU SHOULD GET OUT OF THAT TWISTED AND PRETENTIOUS LITTLE WORLD YOU
> LIVE IN, AND GO AND SEE SOME NEW MUSIC...f***IN ARSE BANDIT!!!

YOU'RE IN FOR IT NOW DAZ.

f*** OFF DAZZAK!

I'VE BEEN TO SEE EDITORS (PLEASE NOTE THAT'S EDITORS AND NOT "THE" EDITORS)3 TIMES IN THE LAST TWO MONTHS, AND BELIEVE ME THEY ARE SOMETHING SPECIAL.

MAYBE YOU SHOULD GET OUT OF THAT TWISTED AND PRETENTIOUS LITTLE WORLD YOU LIVE IN, AND GO AND SEE SOME NEW MUSIC...f***IN ARSE BANDIT!!!

My Pirate - DeLeTe ThIs ThReAd..

It's one thing releasing live shows, which are often released/available at the mercy of many underhand characters, recorded somewhat illegally at a show, but then recording a whole album like this AND releasing that album to the world, not just here, is just crazy and also mad.

Although your original intentions may have been honerable, the option you have is now is to delete this pirate copy and to urge all readers to go out and purchase the genuine thing, from a local store.

Re: My Pirate - DeLeTe ThIs ThReAd..

> It's one thing releasing live shows, which are often released/available at
> the mercy of many underhand characters, recorded somewhat illegally at a
> show, but then recording a whole album like this AND releasing that album
> to the world, not just here, is just crazy and also mad.

> Although your original intentions may have been honerable, the option you
> have is now is to delete this pirate copy and to urge all readers to go
> out and purchase the genuine thing, from a local store.

Yeah, you're right, I was acting "crazy and also mad" taking the time to post this album, when it would have been so much easier to just direct people to Editors official site, www.editorsofficial.com, where they can, with the express permission of the band and their record company, download the entire album.

So, although your intentions may have been honourable, you can see how misguided your attempts to police the internet were on this occasion.

Back
Top Bottom