Red Lightning Review: 12/16/05

J

Jeff

Here's my review of Alain and the boys performance from last night in LV:

They displayed a great sense of energy throughout, Alain was very very good vocally & His axe work was wonderful as well. I thought the venue's sound system was a little off, but Alain, John, and Milo really made it a great night for all in attendance. I was fortunate to meet Alain before and after the show, he was very pleasant both times and was extremely grateful and thankful for us coming to see him, thanking us several times, what a class act Alain is. Got to chat for a few with "Whytegirl" from the boards, and her cool Husband, & they're both class act people. They could not have been nicer to me and my friend, thanks for that. The girl who was selling the band stuff, was very very nice too and very supportive of the band.

Back to the show, It was highlighted by a wonderful version of "BIG MOUTH STRIKES AGAIN", which sounded like it was played just yesterday, Alain didn't miss a beat here. The entire vibe throughout the room was great, fans were singing along, and just enjoying themselves. "The Edges Are No Longer Parallel" was a wonderful touch to an already wonderful show. Alain even mucked it up for the camera's/fans a few times throughout the show.

I definately think that Alain, John, and Milo will be huge once their full lenght comes out in March/April. I recommend all Morrissey fans go check it out.

Just wanted to let Alain and the boys know: YOU guys rock, we love you and please keep making music, we'll keep supporting you. On a side note: Alain, remember what i told you about the next tour, I meant that.

hay jeff. were you the guy i saw at the front door and mentioned theres alain hanging up front talking to the door people? i was just observing him through the glass watching him smoke a cig. he looked like a amature smoker, shaking off the nerves before a show. it was funny noticing him looking around for a ashtray not wanting to mash it out on the ground leaving litter. the milatirary men who he was talking to, were there collecting toys for children for christmas. they were looking around frantically for anything to help put out the cig when one guard gave him a pointessetta plant to snuff it out in. any way i saw you talk a long time to alain and he seemed very engrossed in yalls conversation. you were wearing the penciled drawed morrissey shirt with blazer? btw "Whytegirl" and her husband were supernice

> hay jeff. were you the guy i saw at the front door and mentioned theres
> alain hanging up front talking to the door people? i was just observing
> him through the glass watching him smoke a cig. he looked like a amature
> smoker, shaking off the nerves before a show. it was funny noticing him
> looking around for a ashtray not wanting to mash it out on the ground
> leaving litter. the milatirary men who he was talking to, were there
> collecting toys for children for christmas. they were looking around
> frantically for anything to help put out the cig when one guard gave him a
> pointessetta plant to snuff it out in. any way i saw you talk a long time
> to alain and he seemed very engrossed in yalls conversation. you were
> wearing the penciled drawed morrissey shirt with blazer? btw
> "Whytegirl" and her husband were supernice

Yes, that was I, Alain was a great guy to chat with and I told him that i missed him during the tour when he abruptly left. No offense to Jesse, But Alain's been with "the Boss" now for practically his entire solo career, and I told him he's one of the guys I want to see on stage with Morrissey, whenever they tour. When i told him that, he thanked me profusely and hugged me. He was a genuine nice guy. I'm glad you had a good time. I was happy to see how Down-to-earth Alain & John were. Great show. You should've came up and said hello.

oh yeah, "Whytegirl" and her hubby are two of the coolest, and nicest people I have ever met. They were so nice to talk to. Bugs me when people here give her shit, but what can I do?

> Yes, that was I, Alain was a great guy to chat with and I told him that i
> missed him during the tour when he abruptly left. No offense to Jesse, But
> Alain's been with "the Boss" now for practically his entire solo
> career, and I told him he's one of the guys I want to see on stage with
> Morrissey, whenever they tour. When i told him that, he thanked me
> profusely and hugged me. He was a genuine nice guy. I'm glad you had a
> good time. I was happy to see how Down-to-earth Alain & John were.
> Great show. You should've came up and said hello.

> oh yeah, "Whytegirl" and her hubby are two of the coolest, and
> nicest people I have ever met. They were so nice to talk to. Bugs me when
> people here give her shit, but what can I do?

Dont worry about people slagging me off. Remember, no good deed goes unpunished. I know who my real friends are and I 'hold onto them'

Im glad you got to meet Alain. He really is a sweetheart, as well as John and Milo. Makes for a great show, great music, fantastic atmosphere. I cannot wait until they release their full length album in spring and tour again!

> hay jeff. were you the guy i saw at the front door and mentioned theres
> alain hanging up front talking to the door people? i was just observing
> him through the glass watching him smoke a cig. he looked like a amature
> smoker, shaking off the nerves before a show. it was funny noticing him
> looking around for a ashtray not wanting to mash it out on the ground
> leaving litter. the milatirary men who he was talking to, were there
> collecting toys for children for christmas. they were looking around
> frantically for anything to help put out the cig when one guard gave him a
> pointessetta plant to snuff it out in. any way i saw you talk a long time
> to alain and he seemed very engrossed in yalls conversation. you were
> wearing the penciled drawed morrissey shirt with blazer? btw
> "Whytegirl" and her husband were supernice

Thanks, but we were just being ourselves and believe in treating people how we want to be treated.

Im glad you got to meet Alain. As you know he is humble and kind and very genuine. Well and a fantastic musican of course. Glad you made it out and hope to see you and everyone else at future shows this spring!

Does the topic of why he left the tour ever come up, or is it uncivil to ask him?

Just curious.

> Does the topic of why he left the tour ever come up, or is it uncivil to
> ask him?

> Just curious.

We're all just happy he's back!

> Dont worry about people slagging me off. Remember, no good deed goes
> unpunished. I know who my real friends are and I 'hold onto them'

> Im glad you got to meet Alain. He really is a sweetheart, as well as John
> and Milo. Makes for a great show, great music, fantastic atmosphere. I
> cannot wait until they release their full length album in spring and tour
> again!

I will never slag you off. Just waiting for them to come to darkest Yorkshire. But it will not happen. Bah!

Experience a satisfactory non-denominational winter gift-giving festival!

Sk./Peter

> I will never slag you off. Just waiting for them to come to darkest
> Yorkshire. But it will not happen. Bah!

> Experience a satisfactory non-denominational winter gift-giving festival!

> Sk./Peter

If doing the fanzine and meeing Alain has taught me one thing, it is "never say never"

Your a great guy skinny and I wish you a wonderful holiday as well, no matter what you celebrate!

> If doing the fanzine and meeing Alain has taught me one thing, it is
> "never say never"

> Your a great guy skinny and I wish you a wonderful holiday as well, no
> matter what you celebrate!

Aww bless you, I feel all loved-up now! Now I can go spend a holiday with my family in a happy and settled way! Have a great time, I know I will - bless you and all who sail in or around you.

Love always,

SK./Peter

> Aww bless you, I feel all loved-up now! Now I can go spend a holiday with
> my family in a happy and settled way! Have a great time, I know I will -
> bless you and all who sail in or around you.

> Love always,

> SK./Peter

Im glad I can send some holiday cheer even if I feel like my heart is a lump of coal.

Back
Top Bottom