Buzzcocks

D

dazzak

Best punk band ever. Better than The Ramones (VERY repetitive music), The Sex Pistols (first boy band) and New York Dolls (sorry Moz).

YeS I agree, The Ramones were great but some of their sonGs do tend to sound just like the last.... SeX Pistols were a tad short lived.... But the BuZZcocks go on and on....

well you tried it just for once found it all right for kicks.

but now you found out that it's a habit that sticks.

and you're an orgasm addict.

you're an orgasm addict.

> Best punk band ever. Better than The Ramones (VERY repetitive music), The
> Sex Pistols (first boy band) and New York Dolls (sorry Moz).
yes! i love the sex pistols to death but me fave song of all time has got to be ever fallen in love. Buzzcocks are amazing

I love the 'Cocks (seen them on numerous occasions & would go watch 'em again tomorrow) but I don't think without the Pistols they would have existed who in turn without the Dolls would never either, also I'd lay money on the Ramones putting the Dolls down as if not their major influence then one of their highest.
So whilst I think the 'Cocks are in the top 10 of my best ever punk bands I couldn't put them at #1. I think claiming the Pistols as the 1st boy band undermines the beatles a tad eh, or are you making out that they (pistols) are the 1st manufactured band, if so then surely the Monkees lay claim to that crown. It's an interesting point if we travel the latter theory of manufacture though, so was it the maestro Maclaren & his greatest artistic creation the Pistols? Was it all toss-away art & should have been entered as a Turner prize piece? Well whatever he created it certainly changed the World (for the better imho).
I'm not sure the Dolls are punk either, I'd say that they laid the path or planted the seed but even the Pistols dismissed the Dolls with the song 'New York' on Bollocks.
Still we all have out top 10's & it's great to have the discussion, cheers Dazzak.
my 10.
1. Sex Pistols.
2. The Ramones.
3. The Clash.
4. The Jam.
5. The Buzzcocks.
6. Slaughter & the Dogs.
7. X-ray Spex.
8. The Damned.
9. The Undertones.
10. The Stranglers.

love

Grim

> Best punk band ever. Better than The Ramones (VERY repetitive music), The
> Sex Pistols (first boy band) and New York Dolls (sorry Moz).

Back
Top Bottom