PDA

View Full Version : new songs



john donnelly
July 10, 2000, 04:55 PM
i find the recent news that morrissey has in fact NO songs ready for an album utterly depressing.i thought he had the songs all ready but it was just a case of getting the band into the studio to record it.apparently not.at least it provides the answer as to why no new songs were played on the tour.
no new songs
no record contract
no publishing deal.
i think it will be a year before we see an album.maybe morrissey ought to come back to britain for a bit because at least when he was here his love/hate affair with the country seemed to fire his creative juices more than sunbathing in l.a.it just so happens we are also having a crap summer.
come home moz!! your country needs you!!

hnia
July 10, 2000, 07:10 PM
> i find the recent news that morrissey has in fact NO songs ready
> for an album utterly depressing.i thought he had the songs all
> ready but it was just a case of getting the band into the studio
> to record it.apparently not.at least it provides the answer as
> to why no new songs were played on the tour.
> no new songs
> no record contract
> no publishing deal.
> i think it will be a year before we see an album.maybe morrissey
> ought to come back to britain for a bit because at least when he
> was here his love/hate affair with the country seemed to fire
> his creative juices more than sunbathing in l.a.it just so
> happens we are also having a crap summer.
> come home moz!! your country needs you!!

I don't know if London is the only place to get inspired, but I did find that interview hard to swallow. NO SONGS? That would be a real shame to have such writer's block. But you know, as tough as it is to accept, he does deserve a break/rest. After 15-20 years of making music/writing songs, it seems perfectly logical that he might take a hiatus.

hnia

shelley
July 10, 2000, 11:26 PM
Well, I'm sure by now you've heard that the Mexican interview was a total lie and in fact "never took place." Which seemed obvious from its content. Morrissey and his bandmates have said numerous times in the recent past that they have the songs written and are just waiting to record the album. The fact that Alain is currently in L.A. and in continual contact with Morrissey, and the fact that Boz will be out in L.A. at the end of this month to play with the Polecats seems interesting.
Let's just hope that something is going to happen soon.

> i find the recent news that morrissey has in fact NO songs ready
> for an album utterly depressing.i thought he had the songs all
> ready but it was just a case of getting the band into the studio
> to record it.apparently not.at least it provides the answer as
> to why no new songs were played on the tour.
> no new songs
> no record contract
> no publishing deal.
> i think it will be a year before we see an album.maybe morrissey
> ought to come back to britain for a bit because at least when he
> was here his love/hate affair with the country seemed to fire
> his creative juices more than sunbathing in l.a.it just so
> happens we are also having a crap summer.
> come home moz!! your country needs you!!

hnia
July 11, 2000, 12:33 PM
I just read the news section.. I can't believe that sh.it.
Who the hell would make up an interview and can we really believe anything we read these days... I'm so over this place.(nothing personal to anyone, but I think i'm going to wait until i hear something concrete before I come back.

This waiting game sucks and it doesn't follow any rules.

hnia

Sheila Take a Bow
July 11, 2000, 02:29 PM
> Well, I'm sure by now you've heard that the Mexican interview
> was a total lie and in fact "never took place."

True

>Which
> seemed obvious from its content. Morrissey and his bandmates
> have said numerous times in the recent past that they have the
> songs written and are just waiting to record the album.

Also, let me add what's the USE in playing all of your new music on a tour BEFORE you release it. It seems that everyone thinks that this is what they should have done. But, think about it for a minute. How are they supposed to be able to get the record deal that they want if they've already put the music out there for everyone.

The trick with a tour is to drum up support, to show the record companies that they are still in demand. And, then to put in the punch of the "we have enough new material for an album, and are ready to start it with a new deal."

>The fact that Alain is currently in L.A. and in continual contact >with Morrissey,

Yes, Alain who lives in England is now spending his time in LA, that should tell you something.

>and the fact that Boz will be out in L.A. at the end
> of this month to play with the Polecats seems interesting.
> Let's just hope that something is going to happen soon.

Let's just hope that Moz finds the DEAL that he wants, and that they can get their butts into the recording studio soon. Of COURSE it will take a year, but better that then nothing. I can't wait to hear the new material.

Sheila

bernie
July 11, 2000, 05:19 PM

suzanne
July 12, 2000, 03:26 AM
all of the rumors are vague.
they conflict continually with each other.
I don't know if I would know a reliable source if it bit me on the ass....

But I gobble it all up because it's fun!

As Earl Campbell once said, "it's better to be talked about than not being talked to in favor of watching a really bad movie on the USA network."