Morrissey to do signing at tower records?????

• Thread starter Mr.Improper PIMP that doesnt think this is funny
  • Start date
M

Mr.Improper PIMP that doesnt think this is funny

I doubt it now that they will be filing for ch.11. What a shame too,good record store. See what the record industries done???? With them ripping off all the fans and charging enormously high prices for the shit they have out now,it's come to this. I used to shop tower all the time,but with downloading,lower prices everywhere else,amoeba records and so on,they were forced to close. Looks like virgin could be next. I hope they stay open long enough for him to do signings at. I called the one in hollywood and the guy said they were looking forward to doing some stuff,but they dont know how long they'll be around for. he also said they'd be in the running for a morrissey signing should one happen. We can cross our fingers gang and hope for the best.

> I doubt it now that they will be filing for ch.11. What a shame too,good
> record store. See what the record industries done???? With them ripping
> off all the fans and charging enormously high prices for the shit they
> have out now,it's come to this. I used to shop tower all the time,but with
> downloading,lower prices everywhere else,amoeba records and so on,they
> were forced to close. Looks like virgin could be next. I hope they stay
> open long enough for him to do signings at. I called the one in hollywood
> and the guy said they were looking forward to doing some stuff,but they
> dont know how long they'll be around for. he also said they'd be in the
> running for a morrissey signing should one happen. We can cross our
> fingers gang and hope for the best.

You know what Pimp, when you are not abusing anyone you are actually extremely lucid. Well played.

Sk.

Thanks...i cant always be a dick. Just got a little pissed that tower's closing. That stores been good to me over the years musically and for them to have a ton of "hard to find" stuff. I found the plimsouls "everywhere at once" there one time,brand new for 4 bucks. I couldnt get the money out fast enough. Just a shame man. I cant believe some of the shitty music thats out now sells.

I wish they could stay open bruddha,but they couldnt due to extremely high rents,downloading and the like. Save tower records!!!!!!! A shame to the end of something very wonderful. You will be missed tower.

Me?? abuse someone??? no not me. Seriously,thanks,I appreciate that. I know some will say"you just got done saying if it doesnt pertain to morrissey,leave it off the board"....well,it does because he has cd's there for sale...has done countless signings there and basically,has been a huge supporter of morrissey and to his fans. So there!!!!!

Mr. Improper:

Would it be feasible for Moz to do a signing at Amoeba Records in Hollywood?

What about Virgin, Pimp, like he did for "My Early Burglary Years"?

> I doubt it now that they will be filing for ch.11. What a shame too,good
> record store. See what the record industries done???? With them ripping
> off all the fans and charging enormously high prices for the shit they
> have out now,it's come to this. I used to shop tower all the time,but with
> downloading,lower prices everywhere else,amoeba records and so on,they
> were forced to close. Looks like virgin could be next. I hope they stay
> open long enough for him to do signings at. I called the one in hollywood
> and the guy said they were looking forward to doing some stuff,but they
> dont know how long they'll be around for. he also said they'd be in the
> running for a morrissey signing should one happen. We can cross our
> fingers gang and hope for the best.

i'm not too sad about Tower records going away as an entity. i used to go to one regularly across from campus and i know that around christmas time they jacked up the price on everything in the store by at least $1....tacked onto their already incredibly high prices.

they did it to themselves. i'd rather go to waterloo across town.

Hey Rob Van Winkle, this is just a taste of what we have in store for the music industry.

Now that we have stopped the beast that is Tower. We're now gonna set our eyes toward toppling Virgin, the Wherehouse, Best Buy, Circuit City, and that fake wannabe poseur indy rock store Amoeba Records in Homowood. The only chains that will be open will be Moby Disc. We're gonna reign supreme in 2004. And you can take that my friend to the bank.

http://sexualitt.akunin.biz/