Johhny to play on NIN drummer's new album--with Robert Smith!

W

Weiß

Just in case one of the young, cool kids hasn't mentioned it yet...

Smith, Marr Bolster Tweaker's 'Wakeup Call'
Tue Feb 3, 2:09 PM ET

LOS ANGELES (Billboard) - Former Nine Inch Nails drummer Chris Vrenna will release his second album under the Tweaker moniker on April 20.

The forthcoming set, "2 a.m. Wakeup Call," will feature guest vocals from the Cure's Robert Smith, David Sylvian, Will Oldham and the Walkmen's Hamilton Leithauser, among others. Additionally, the Smiths' Johnny Marr guests on guitar.

Also lending voices to "2 a.m. Wakeup Call" are Jennifer Charles from Elysian Fields and Jonathan Bates, who performs under the name Mellowdrone.

In a statement, Vrenna said the album was inspired by his wife's battle with insomnia. "She would bolt awake every night, strangely, at exactly the same time -- 2 a.m.," says Vrenna. "It led to me sharing her insomnia and I wound up staying up with her and discovered that when the world-at-large was fast asleep I had unearthed a wealth of creative energy in myself ... It's a nighttime record about things that keep us up at night."

The 12-track album will be released by Waxploitation/iMusic, and is Vrenna's first album as Tweaker since 2001's "The Attraction to All Things Uncertain." That set also featured guest vocals from Oldham and Sylvian.

Vrenna and his frequent collaborator Clint Walsh produced the new album, described as a departure from the electronic and industrial-leaning atmospheres found on "All Things Uncertain."

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20040203/music_nm/music_tweaker_dc_1

That'll sell Im sure.

Id like to get that along with the copy of mike joyce and andy rourke playing all their favorite solo stuff with collaborations from:chuck e cheese,barney the purple dinosaur,pee wee herman and your favorite and mine...gary glitter. None of them have careers nowadays(hey,kinda like johnny,mike and andy),so thats not a surprise.

Funny how Morrissey would also fall under that "careerless" category.

Suck it up bitch. It's the truth.

http://schnheit.bonzgd.biz/

Back
Top Bottom