Durham, NC - The Carolina Theatre (June 15, 2015) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

The Queen Is Dead / Suedehead / Staircase At The University / Ganglord / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Speedway / I Will See You In Far-Off Places / Kiss Me A Lot / Istanbul / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Now My Heart Is Full / Everyday Is Like Sunday / The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores / Neal Cassady Drops Dead / People Are The Same Everywhere / The Bullfighter Dies / Meat Is Murder / What She Said // First Of The Gang To Die

setlist provided by setlist.fm, correction by an anonymous person.

• Live: The pleasure, the privilege was ours, Morrissey by Alex Maiolo - Indy Week. Link posted by an anonymous person.
  • Photo by josh_hofer / Instagram. Link posted by docinwestchester.

durham.jpg

Last edited:

Josh Hofer ‏@josh_hofer · 31 minutes ago
Tonight I photographed #Morrissey at @CarolinaDurham and it was incredible. Shot 555 frames in three songs! Diving into them.. meow! #dowork

Last edited by a moderator:
He loves those V necks.

rebonk ‏@arzesux · 22 minutes ago
EIGHT PEOPLE JUMPED ON STAGE AND TRIED TO HUG HIM AND THEY ALL GOT TACKLED BY SECURITY

zoe༄ ‏@ukuzoki · 23 minutes ago
HE OPENED WITH THE QUEEN IS DEAD JESUS THAT WAS THE CLOSEST TO HEAVEN I WILL EVER BE :,) #Morrissey
Aaron Belz ‏@aaronbelz · 35 minutes ago
Morrissey just said "Vaya con dios!" ripped off his shirt, wiped his face with it, and threw it to the crowd.

Aaron Belz ‏@aaronbelz · 43 minutes ago
"If you have a dog, I hope he or she protects you. Hold onto your friends; and remember me." –Morrissey in NC

Aaron Belz ‏@aaronbelz · 1 hour ago
"In a few days it's 'Hog Day' here—is it? I don't know what happens to the hog, but I'm quite sure it isn't loving."
–Morrissey in NC

Rebecca Dew ‏@beccadew_ · 6 minutes ago
Omg this girl seriously got football tackled trying to get on stage at Morrissey.

Aaron Belz ‏@aaronbelz · 2 hours ago
Morrissey in Durham, NC
CHlUCtuUsAE-aDL.jpg

Last edited:
So disappointed. We love Morrissey and have been disappointed through multiple cancelations. He finally showed tonight and used the venue to play every political song he has. We don't share many of his views. He has a wonderful talent, but unless he is donating 100% of the price of our tickets to PETA I have lost respect.

Clover Dean Ⓜ️ ‏@MozzeriansATW · 4 minutes ago
Anyone know this backdrop? #Morrissey at tonight's @CarolinaDurham show 6/15/15 photo by @Guillaume1973

CHl4fJkUAAAfCuf.jpg

I think we need passports to go to North Carolina and Georgia, but that sure looks better than the LA Sports Arena. Anonymous-

Just back- 20th show I've seen. I'm done. It was the worst mailed in, piece of crap, half assed effort I've experienced.
Shockingly bad set list-
I Will See You in Far Off Places was played
No sign of Stop Me, Will Never Marry, Scandanavia
Played People are the Same, ruined Speedway with a f***ing Chinese fire drill during which Gustavo sang in Spanish. No quote. No sing along. Nothing.
He wore a sweaty ass Captain Kirk 1970s sitcom space costume top for 90% of the show.
It was brief.
Thank God. I'm done with this half-cocked, do whatever production he has devolved into...
Good news- best guitarist in the band- keyboard player, Gustavo.

Google Image search found this image of Margherita Caruso:

margherita_caruso.jpg

IL VANGELO SECONDO MATTEO - Kolossal a confronto

Margherita Caruso bio - IMDB
Margherita Caruso was born in 1950 in Italy. She is an actress, known for The Gospel According to St. Matthew (1964).

The Gospel According to St. Matthew (1964) - IMDB
"Il vangelo secondo Matteo" (original title)

Clover Dean Ⓜ️ ‏@MozzeriansATW · 4 minutes ago
Anyone know this backdrop? #Morrissey at tonight's @CarolinaDurham show 6/15/15 photo by @Guillaume1973

Just back- 20th show I've seen. I'm done. It was the worst mailed in, piece of crap, half assed effort I've experienced.
Shockingly bad set list-
Played People are the Same, ruined Speedway with a f***ing Chinese fire drill during which Gustavo sang in Spanish. No quote. No sing along. Nothing.
He wore a sweaty ass Captain Kirk 1970s sitcom space costume top for 90% of the show.
It was brief.
Thank God. I'm done with this half-cocked, do whatever production he has devolved into...

You are a dick and a hater dude.

Shockingly bad set list-
It was brief.

Fan from the 80's, second time seeing him, last was 1997 in Raleigh on Maladjusted tour I believe. I enjoyed it and thought it was good mix. Although would have loved "stop me" that song was the first I had heard and forever connected me with his music. Siderite, I had never heard "ganglord" before and loved it. Why doesn't he include songs like that and people are the same on his album releases? My opinion is those records would do better. I paid double face value and was very happy I did so.

So disappointed. We love Morrissey and have been disappointed through multiple cancelations. He finally showed tonight and used the venue to play every political song he has. We don't share many of his views. He has a wonderful talent, but unless he is donating 100% of the price of our tickets to PETA I have lost respect.

Mary Beth, I prob share most of your views and not many of his but it's his forum. While it will prob not change my habits it was tough to watch the footage. Sorry to go so deep but I wish the same concern was their for babies. Regardless, those images dampened my spirits but didn't let it cast an overall cloud on the night.

You are a dick and a hater dude.

Yeah, don't know what causes someone to flip a switch and go so negative on him. He's an artist, there are going to be things we don't like but by and large I respect him and his work means something to me. Because of this I give him the benefit of the doubt and tend to see the positives. It's ok to disagree or to not love all of it but to go to the far extreme to slam him is too much.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom