The Whiting 'disappointed' that Morrissey did not book Flint show - MLive.com

The Whiting 'disappointed' that Morrissey did not book Flint show - MLive.com
By Scott Atkinson
on April 08, 2015 at 3:36 PM, updated April 08, 2015 at 3:37 PM

FLINT, MI -- The Whiting's executive director says it's disappointing that Morrissey's upcoming tour won't come through Flint.

Morrissey, former lead singer of The Smiths, had canceled three shows in Flint due to health issues in 2012 and 2013. The singer told Rolling Stone he was committed to playing in -- even if it killed him -- in 2013, but when his new tour was recently announced, the Vehicle City wasn't on the bill.

"We were disappointed to see this announcement, especially given the strength of his ticket sales for the prior two, ultimately cancelled, performances. Ultimately, it is up to the promoter or renter of the event. The prior two performances were scheduled by a promoter, and not by The Whiting to be a part of The Whiting Presents Series," said Jarret M. Haynes, executive director of The Whiting.

Morrissey's tour will take him to Detroit, where he will play at the Masonic Temple.

Did you have tickets to see Morrissey at The Whiting? Would you buy tickets again if he had a show here? Tell us in the comments below.

Yeah I had tickets to Whiting. I took my friend Michael and Emily who said they had just milked their cows. We were driving down the road drinking our chocolate milk and eating our cheese sandwiches.

We were nearly their when we saw Clarkson and Zayn trying to hitchhike to the gig. I didn't want to stop but Michael muttered something through his beard and Emily translated this to saying that he wanted me to stop.

Anyway we picked them up and now the car was full (we needed a seat free for our container of cheese and bottles of milk). We got about three miles out, when we saw a rather tall balding many walking back towards us. He was carrying what looked like a bass guitar case and looked very sad.

Michael again then mumbled something, I turned directly to Emily who rolled her eyes and said rather angrily 'He said that he thinks thats Solomon'. I turned my head to take a look and then our car crashed, hit by a double decker bus.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom