Amanda Palmer on supporting Morrissey

An anonymous person writes:

Amanda Palmer on supporting Morrissey

KNOCKED UP! U.S. TOUR STARTS TOMORROW! UK and....OPENING FOR MORRISSEY. - Amanda Palmer

Excerpt:

hola comrades.

if you missed the memo on patreon or facebook, it’s true: i’m about 16 weeks pregnant with neil gaiman’s lovechild...

and speaking of the U.K…..

oh, manchester. so much to answer for.

i’ve just been invited to OPEN FOR MORRISSEY on july 25th at san jose event center in san jose, california. tickets and more info are coming soon!! morrissey (solo, and with the smiths) is a songwriting hero of mine. he shaped my young musical brain in ways that are unfathomable. this invitation is a big honor for me.

so i will be traipsing out, seven months pregnant, to do what i can to make the master proud. if you’re in the san francisco area, i hope you can come support me.

this one will be my last show for a while, before i say goodbye and head off into the land of parenthood.

if you could have told 16-year old amanda that i’d be 38, pregnant, and opening for morrissey, i think my little brain and heart would have exploded all over my tin of clove cigarettes and 90-minute worn-out clear maxell cassette dub of meat is murder (side a) and strangeways (side b).

it is a season of circles, my friends.

RXE9IQ9.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
See also :- Sandie Shaw, Kristeen Young yesterday's friends.

Please support Sandie by downloading her follow up to Steven you don't eat meat its on I-tunes. It's called Steven you eat cheese.
Thanks

if you could have told 16-year old amanda that i’d be 38, pregnant, and opening for morrissey, i think my little brain and heart would have exploded all over my tin of clove cigarettes and 90-minute worn-out clear maxell cassette dub of meat is murder (side a) and strangeways (side b).
RXE9IQ9.jpg

*Like*

Do you mind? I never heard of Amanda Palmer and I'm trying to keep it that way!

She's pretty good, seriously. With the 'Dresden Dolls' and on her solo records. If YouTube is within the reach of your arm, listen to either 'Oasis' by Palmer or 'Girl Anachorism' or 'Coin Operated Boy'. The Dresden Dolls were like Brechtian cabaret excellence - just don't call them 'goth'. You'll either love it or hate it. she is a genuinely good songwriter IMO. and she's married to Neil Gaiman. She's also the only artist I've known to cover Momus. She's alright in my book.

Thanks to the wonder of Web 2.0 I don't even have to send you away:

Or 'The Jeep Song'

'I Want You, But I Don't Need You' cover

I love almost everything she does.

Neil Gaiman is sooooo old. Gross. :p

Haha = Kristeen Young is gonna be soooooooo pissed off.

Soooo lovable, though. They seem to have the kind of love I wish I had.

:horny: :guitar:

That Ukelele Anthem is just about the worst and most obnoxious song I've ever heard. I suppose that's probably the point

Amanda Palmer? So...have her and Moz been having a conversation about how to get albums out without the major labels?

Amanda's great, apart from the unshaven armpit thing.

She wrote this toe-curlingly embarrassing letter to Morrissey on the very subject, pre-Harvest:

http://pitchfork.com/news/50521-amanda-palmer-offers-to-help-morrissey-use-kickstarter-for-his-next-album-in-open-letter/

If you want further evidence that AP is a truly dreadful human being, check out this video from 5:12 -

I don't understand at all what's so dreadful about this clip - that she recounts a tale of damaged youth ? That she wonders aloud about the extent to which artists should cannibalise their own lives for art's sake ?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom