Lausanne cancelled or not?

mariannefan

For me, this sounds so incredible. Lyon last night was cancelled and Lausanne tomorrow not? I have a strong assumption that the ticket sales were bad or even very bad in Lyon (or rather Villeurbanne, near Lyon). What do the other fans mean? I really assume there is someting evil going on as so far no announcement for a cancellation in Lausanne on the venue's website: www.docks.ch/evenement/morrissey/

Well, do you know if Basel or Lausanne are sold out? Or how ticket sales were in Lyon? Only then can you make such assumptions.
All I know is that Utrecht was sold out, and so is most of the rest of the tour (The German and Belgian dates anyway).

Look, these statements are always fake! Either "disease" or "technical problems" or "logistic problems" etc. I am a frequent concert goer and know meanwhile how it works! Because it is not chic to admit ticket sales went bad.

I really assume there is something evil going on

Yes, there usually is, on Halloween. :)

I bet that once outside France (aka "the land of the Devil"), the whole touring party will be fit enough to run a marathon. Look, they've all stopped sneezing already! Hallelujah! Lordy Lordy!

By the way, Basel is also sold out:
http://www.ticketcorner.ch/tickets.html?language=de&fun=evdetail&affiliate=TCS&doc=evdetailb&key=1246169$4193174

Hannover is sold out, too:
http://www.eventim.de/morrissey-Tic...un=artist&action=tickets&erid=631187&kuid=439

I really don't understand all of this talk about low ticket sales. It's not just mariannefan, several people keep saying that over and over. What is that based on? Most of the shows on this tour have either been sold out or nearly so. It's such a weird thing to suggest, considering it's really easy to verify by just clicking a link.

- - - Updated - - -

You sound a lot angrier than him, if you don't mind me saying.

I don't mind at all—I do get angry about conspiracy theorists. I'm a pretty big believer in the most likely and easily verifiable scenario being the correct one. Deception doesn't exist at every turn in life, fortunately.

Everyone has made it to Switzerland, so the show will probably go on.

I'm a pretty big believer in the most likely and easily verifiable scenario being the correct one.

Oh, me too. :)
Here are the various scenarios I've selected:

-Someone here has the Power of Cancellation. ("Caaaaaancellatio!")
-Morrissey cancels out of spite.
-When tickets don't sell, the gig is cancelled.
-Someone is sick, whatever sick means.

Then I play with combinations, percentages and verify the result with a crystal ball, and I've got my conclusion.

(*Yes, I am perfectly aware of what cancellatio rhymes with, but it's not dirty, it's just latin, Morrissey.)

If the band was puking, the upcoming shows will be cancelled at the last minute while they wait to see if they can do it. If the light and sound guys are puking, they would have called in some scabs to fill in by now and the show will go on. Who knows what the definition of "touring party" is, exactly? Maybe the merch boys were sick? It isn't ticket sales...this time. :D

The statement "everyone has made it" is telling...Moz has made it in other words as opposed to not even attempting Lyon....why doesnt he just plan a break mid-tour....anyway hopefully the otherwise succussful tour will continue.....but there will be another "break"....who knows where although Dublin is a very big arena for Moz....dont think hes ever sold that amount if seats in Ireland before.

Venue just said it's off. Apparently in talks about a reschedule in December.

The statement "everyone has made it" is telling...Moz has made it in other words as opposed to not even attempting Lyon....why doesnt he just plan a break mid-tour....anyway hopefully the otherwise succussful tour will continue.....but there will be another "break"....who knows where although Dublin is a very big arena for Moz....dont think hes ever sold that amount if seats in Ireland before.

He's played at that venue in Dublin before where it was called The Point !

That is very sad. My mommy was right when she advised me to study medicine to hang out with pop stars.

So strange. With meds and an IV you can recovered enough to perform in 3 days.

But he made it to the city, which is odd.

Wonder how the rest of the tour will play out.

Back
Top Bottom