Bologna - Paladozza (Oct. 17, 2014) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

The Queen Is Dead / Speedway / Istanbul / Kiss Me A Lot / Certain People I Know / Neal Cassady Drops Dead / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / The Bullfighter Dies / Trouble Loves Me / Earth Is The Loneliest Planet / How Soon Is Now? / Kick the Bride Down The Aisle / You Have Killed Me / I'm Not A Man / Meat Is Murder // Asleep / Everyday Is Like Sunday

set list provided by aliceasr.

• Morrissey @ Paladozza [Bologna, 17/Ottobre/2014] (1 photo) - Nerds Attack! Link posted by docinwestchester.
  • Morrissey il vegano - BOblog. Link posted by an anonymous person.
  • Image posted by rilevanza / Instagram. Link posted by docinwestchester.

bologna1.jpg
  • THE COMPLETE PICTURE (78 photos) - Comunidad Morrissey Smiths Chile Facebook group. Link posted by www.thesmithschile.cl.

Last edited:
Bologna
Queen
Speedway
Istanbul
Kiss me lot
Certain preoplr
Neal cassidy
World peace
Bull
Troiuble loves
Earth is
How soon
Bride
You have killed me
I am not a man
Meat is mur
Asleep
Everyday is like sunday

Tomorros the review I have to go nack to Rome

Just from the top of my head: The Queen and Asleep was back in the setlist. No Paris. Very good show, much better than Milano. Moz said he played at a "horrible, orrrible venue last night. Lots of joking and interacting with an enthusiastic crowd in a basketball /sports arena (not sold out it seemed). Opened with something like "Bologna, for the sake of the catholic church: I hope you are blind drunk!" Introduced Boz from Vietnam (Kuala Lumpur and Hong Kong in Rome, an ongoing joke obviously ) Shirt toss at the end Of the encore, everyday is like Sunday

Well… Paladozza is another sport-arena, so it mustn't be that different… Linear4ciak is often used for gigs & tv shows and it's the biggest covered arena in Italy.
Anyway, Milan gig was good in my opinion.

I honestly think it's the colors he has on there. When he wears white, he looks kind of chunky. I like him no matter how thick or thin, but I definitely noticed a big difference between last night and tonight and the dark vs light colors.

I'm always surprised by how much slimmer and more fit he looks in person than in photos.

I'm always surprised by how much slimmer and more fit he looks in person than in photos.

When he did the shirt toss during the last tour I was shocked- the camera easily adds 15lbs to him.

He's looking fitter on this tour, though. Maybe he has gone vegan.

Those wide-legged sweatpants would make anyone look chunky. I wonder what he looks like in person, whether he's tall or has broad shoulders.

I met dylan moran a few times and I was shocked at how tall he is when you are standing face to face.

I'm sorry. I read that wrong. I read it as "I wonder what he looks like naked." In the split second before I realized I misread that line, I instantly found myself wondering the same thing. Shameful. I know.

Well in all fairness we know what he looks like almost naked.

... I wonder what he looks like in person, whether he's tall or has broad shoulders...

Well, he isn't a centimeter over 5' 11". I'm 6 feet tall and am a good inch / inch and a half taller. Like me, he is longer in the torso than the legs. I think his build is...his shoulders are slightly broader than normal...but it has been said he likes to often wear jackets that are a size too small...shall we say fitted...I bet he's a 44 regular but wears a 42. Then again, my suit size is 48, so I could be off on the shoulder thing...I often think an individual's chest size is one size larger than the actual size. Waist...36 but he likes to often wear his jeans more loose than his slacks. Neck 16.5. Shirt sleeve 35. Inseam 32 He is by no means a small man and his handshake is very firm and his hands are rather large. Even when security was pulling a girl down at one show, and they never let go, I saw him pull her up on stage with one hand. More than one interviewer has been surprised by his size. And I think, given how incredibly thin, he was in The Smiths, very underweight really, filling out made Morrissey look normal.

sources: met Morrissey 3 times, 27 live shows, select interviewer's observations, concert program guide(s) where he listed his height, had the shirt in Manchester 22 May 2004 but let a girl behind me have the entire thing in a tug-of-war (guessing it was cut into little pieces), photos, some knowledge of men's dress shirts and tailoring - in particular one Italian brand of dress shirts (that's far less expensive than you might think)...and more I cannot say...

My truth

I think we in Milan didnt deserve such a low key concert. Angry and ugly face by Morrisey but crowd was warm. My hero can kiss my ass next time I pay such a high price for my ticket, drummer was great btw

First of all: encore were Asleep and Everyday is like sunday, 'cause the band went out after Meat is murder.
Apart from this, just come back in Rome after 370+370 km in a few hours by car. I enjoyed the show. Paladozza is a basket arena of about 5000 seats. I arrive at 7.30 PM and I can immediately note that there are lot of guys with Moz T-shirts and this put me in a confortable mood. At the entrance there is the Police checking people: very '80's. Parterre will be full at around 8.30, while some seats are empty. Fans were from Bologna and towns of Emilia Romagna, apart from some hardcore fans from other cities and from abroad. Show started late, at 9.40 PM. Moz black dressed, very chatty. He told to the audience that the Milan venue was horrible, and again that there was Putin in the city and he would say "world peace is none of your business", and he started to sing it. Good crowd but no stage invasions due to distance from the stage and security check (and, yes, we're no more teenagers!). No surprise about the setlist, only a different order but more or less the same songs of the two Roma gigs. Next gig for me will be in Pescara, unusual town for a rock concert. But it will be nice to stay in front of the Adriatico sea. It would be nice if we can hear some different song from the setlist he played in Italy until now. Otherwise, I will listen the same.

I met him once. I'm 5'6", I asked him a question quietly and he couldn't hear what I said, so he bent down to put his ear to my mouth (I almost died but held it together) and to do so he had to stoop and bend at the knee. He's tall.

When he did the shirt toss during the last tour I was shocked- the camera easily adds 15lbs to him.

He's looking fitter on this tour, though. Maybe he has gone vegan.

Those wide-legged sweatpants would make anyone look chunky. I wonder what he looks like in person, whether he's tall or has broad shoulders.

I met dylan moran a few times and I was shocked at how tall he is when you are standing face to face.
He has gone Vegan, so he says in a very recent interview.

- - - Updated - - -

I met him once. I'm 5'6", I asked him a question quietly and he couldn't hear what I said, so he bent down to put his ear to my mouth (I almost died but held it together) and to do so he had to stoop and bend at the knee. He's tall.
He is 5'10 isn't he?

My bologna has a first name,
It's M-E-Y-E-R
My bologna has a second name,
It's O-S-C-A-R
Oh I love to eat it everyday
And if you ask me why I'll saaaaaaaaay
"CUZ OSCAR MEYER HAS A WAY WITH B-O-L-O-G-N-A."

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom