Should the article about Morrissey's links to pedophiles be removed?The one approved by David Tseng

Should the article about Morrissey's links to pedophiles be removed?The one approved by david tseng

• Total voters

Maurice E Maher

Should the article about Morrissey's links to pedophiles be removed? The one approved by David Tseng

(as requested, and worded, by Keene)

Re: Should the article about Morrissey's links to pedophiles be removed?The one approved by David Ts

Should the article about Morrissey's links to pedophiles be removed? The one approved by David Tseng

(as requested, and worded, by Keene)
thanks, Maurice I didn't know how to set up poll.
Are you a moderator?

Re: Should the article about Morrissey's links to pedophiles be removed?The one approved by David Ts

Yes.

(I can't vote, though)

Too late. Damage done. It should've been removed on the third page of majority complaints.

Too late. Damage done. It should've been removed on the third page of majority complaints.

You are right.....I can't believe Tseng...or his reasons.

Maybe David didn't expect the backlash. Maybe I am naïve. I remember when this site was THE place to get your Moz fix for the day, a great way to know of upcoming tours and TV spots etc. Now it is just hate on top of hate. There is so much shit to trawl through I feel like Andy Dufresne at the end of Shawshank. Strange considering Moz just released a fantastic album. I feel worse after reading the site these days. This is the opposite of how it used to make me feel. I'm tired of the negativity. It is actually making it harder to be a Moz fan, at least in public.

Maybe David didn't expect the backlash. Maybe I am naïve. I remember when this site was THE place to get your Moz fix for the day, a great way to know of upcoming tours and TV spots etc. Now it is just hate on top of hate. There is so much shit to trawl through I feel like Andy Dufresne at the end of Shawshank. Strange considering Moz just released a fantastic album. I feel worse after reading the site these days. This is the opposite of how it used to make me feel. I'm tired of the negativity. It is actually making it harder to be a Moz fan, at least in public.

All of this and more!

YES! It Shouldn't have been posted in the first place ! This is truly unbelievable .

It's getting to the point where if Tseng found a blog suggesting Morrissey was an alien it'd be on the main page in 2 minutes. Just because someone wrote some crap it doesn't mean it's worthy of being news.

ghost bump

I'm pretty sure that 11% are on my ignore list.

I am disgusted that this article remains on the news page even after the majority of visitors have made it clear to DavidT that they would prefer it removed.

In the past I have added to the traffic coming to this site in some not inconsiderable way through posting links to rareties and unreleased material I have freely shared with fellow fans on Morrissey-Solo. I regret to say that unless David removes the article from the news section I will not feel inclined to share any other rarity/unreleased track here in the future.

Some of us have had personal encounters with issues linked to peodophiles and these are obviously traumatic. Linking something (Morrissey) we find enjoyment in our lives with the issue of peodophilia is extremely disturbing and difficult. Anyone with an ounce of empathy would have understood this.

For the last time I ask DavidT to please do the right thing and remove the article. Please.

Posting crap like this just gives Morrissey even more reason to trash this site. We all get painted with the same brush when these so called news stories are given oxygen.

You're quite right. I suppose now the thread will just have to be filled with bile and criticism aimed at David T. That's all we can do at this point.

I feel exactly the same. The site makes me depressed.

Leave then

This is what makes people like you tick. Posting hateful remarks on a negative forum. Your days must be filled with wonder.

I didn't start posting here until recently, but have been viewing the site for years. DavidT should be really quite ashamed for allowing this to stay on the site for as long as it has. I, for one, won't be viewing the site anymore if this is the vitriol that is posted on here (although I'm aware my presence won't be missed). This is supposed to be a Morrissey fansite, a celebration of his life and works, for goodness sake. SoLow indeed.

All damage can be undone in life. I agree with the majority that the so-called article should be removed. I can understand why everyone is upset, but is it really worth having a total meltdown over? I believe anyone who reads this article, will know by the first paragraph, how stupid and ridiculous it is. Even someone who has never heard of Morrissey would certainly feel this way, unless they're mentally ill, or just plain stupid. This so-called article wouldn't even have a prayer to make it on the pages of the National Examiner, which is bottom of the barrel journalism at its worst. Anyway, I think David should remove the article entirely from Morrissey-Solo, and that will be that. If a person is so upset with David for posting the article then just leave and don't come back. It's as simple as that.

One last thing. Out of all the people who are criticizing David for posting this so-called article, have any of you ever feared for your life? Have any of you ever walked in David's shoes in this regard. I'm not saying Morrissey did try to get this Steyn guy to try to rough up David or worse, but the truth is, I don't know. Two of my co-workers, who are two of the best people I've ever known, have explained to me that everyone is capable of good and evil. They're absolutely right. Everyone that posts on this forum is capable of good and evil. Every adult human being is capable of good and evil. Also David has no idea of knowing what was going on in Morrissey's mind, or Steyn's mind, or that awful manager of Morrissey's mind, all he has is the unknown and fear. I have walked in David's shoes a couple of times, a couple of miserable times, and let me tell you, fear eats you alive. Fear is as bad as physical pain and poor health. It f***ing eats you alive. One more thing, for everyone on their soapbox, would you go out of your way to protect the image of someone who has brought you fear? Yeah I know, that brings up the argument of why is David continuing to run this site. I'm so sick of that argument. He wants to continue to run the sight,it's as simple as that. Deal with it.

I think David does need to pull this story because its completely ridiculous and doesn't have a shred of merit. Plus its boring. He should pull it, and then everyone who chooses to stay at Morrissey-Solo can just move on and keep posting. The damage can be undone in the blink of an eye if you just relax, and let it go. Just say, "f*** it," and let it go.

Last edited by a moderator:

I think it's clear that this isn't a fan site, some of us like him, others hate him, it all leads to a crock of shit though when so much of what's on here is so negative.

Obviously the people who hate Moz love this, this is what they want. The article itself is bollocks of course but then most on here are, what makes the place tedious is that it's been over run with tedious people.

Should he remove the article? It's neither here nor there, the issue with the site is that it's a haven for trolls. The article was just more food for them.

Back
Top Bottom