Smiths is dead - toronto monthly

michaelk

Hello all,
Posted when we first started the event, but now we're at our one year anniversary and a change to the monthly date as well.
My friend Scott and I host a monthly Smiths/Morrissey night here in Toronto. The caveat is that we ONLY play Smiths and Morrissey, no Electronic, no Marr solo, no Vini Reilly, no Bozmen etc etc. Its great fun for those who get it, and those who don't usually stick around because the bar's fantastic anyways.

Anywho,
Join us the first WEDNESDAY (this used to be thursday's) of the month for Smiths Is Dead at Unlovable (yep!) located at 1415 Dundas St West here in lovely Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

Here's the Facebook group for the monthly event ...

SMITHS IS DEAD on Facebook

SIDWED.jpg

cheers!

oh here i am again, updating this thread.
this is the 14th edition, come say hello if you're in the neighbourhood.

SIDOCTOBERtall.jpg

also made this, which is topical if not off by a few days now..

10632663_10152735391201692_4119685427964278023_n.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, i'm off to Toronto for a few months, maybe more. Arriving in March 2015 from Manchester, UK. I'm SO SO happy you guys have a night there. Can't wait to go now!

missed posting here for February (terribly busy) but, this is happening again (as it does monthly) in March.

heres the flyer

unnamed.jpg

and the text version,

WEDNESDAY MARCH 4th at UNLOVABLE (yes like the song), 1415 DUNDAS ST WEST, TORONTO, ONTARIO, CANADA
10PM we play a live bootleg from the catalogue, 11PM onwards we take requests for all your cemetry greats and b-sides. always a few super super fans kicking around. always a few 'can you play some new order' (answer is always NO) kicking around. its a good bar, its fun.
cheers!

Haven't made a flyer or anything yet for the next one, but as usual, first Wednesday of every month at Unlovable (a bar named after the track) here in Toronto. All and only the Smiths and Morrissey from 10pm on. We don't play anything else, all night. Some people love it, some people absolutely hate it. We won't play the Cure. We won't play New Order. That's not what this is about. It's fun. Come out!

JULY 1st,
UNLOVABLE (1415 Dundas St West)
TORONTO, ONTARIO
CANADA (yes, here. still)

xo

AUGUST TIME. our two year anniversary!

We're celebrating that although we live in a country S.P.M refuses to tour, we found a bar cool enough to let us do such a ridiculous niche night once a month for two years strong.

As always, All and Only the Smiths and Morrissey. No post-punk, brit pop, indie alternative / whatever gets put on a flyer to get people in the door. Just The Smiths. and Morrissey tunes. All night long. Bring your moping shoes.

To celebrate, this month we'll be doing Morrissey related giveaways from Sad Truth Supply, SMITHFITS and some personal collection stuff.

Plus, a week prior to the event, a very special "audio thing" that will surely make your transit to and from whatever it is you do to make ends meet, more enjoyable.

come say hi!

hosted by Michael K Newton and Scott Wade.

never cover. 10pm we'll be playing a bootleg for a bit then straight into the cemetry greats, fan favourites and deep requests.

sid2yearsmller.jpg

Hey all, just doing the thing where I forget to post about this night, again.

After 29 editions, Decembers event will be the last under this format. We're really excited that there was a bar here (aptly named after a smiths tune) that let us do such a ridiculous niche thing for this long. My partner I throw the event with doesn't particularly want to continue, so i'll be bridging out a bit musically with a different name at the same bar/time slot, but that's not what this about. Anyways, if you're in the GTA area and haven't came by, now's your last chance.

12243231_10153747226341692_924342438819665992_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/events/1745955065632672/

cheers!

Back
Top Bottom