Thumbs Up? plugin enabled - new site feature

davidt

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
As suggested by MozRecording and others, the Thumbs Up? plugin has been installed as an experiment. Please report any issues here, otherwise we'll see how it goes!

Currently, only logged-in users can give thumbs up (thumbs down is disabled) to forum, article (some bugs still being worked out) and blog posts. Users cannot see who gave the thumbs up, but settings may be adjusted in the future.

See also the Thumbs Up? Center which is lined in the Forum submenu for related stats.

Last edited:
As suggested by MozRecording and others, the Thumbs Up? plugin has been installed as an experiment. Please report any issues here, otherwise we'll see how it goes!

Currently, only logged-in users can give thumbs up (thumbs down is disabled) to forum, article (some bugs still being worked out) and blog posts. Users cannot see who gave the thumbs up, but settings may be adjusted in the future.

See also the Thumbs Up? Center which is lined in the Forum submenu for related stats.

David, when I try to give thumbs up it goes red and points in the thumbs down direction.

cool David, could be just what this place needs :) and I think its wise to hold off on the whole thumbs down thing as well :o

In case someone wants to quickly give a small thanks for something, perhaps because a bunch of 'thanks!' / 'agreed' posts clutters the board or perhaps they are a lurker and don't want to post something at all. It may also be interesting to check the stats to see popular recent posts.

And the point of this is what?

Last edited:
That's 'by design', that means since you voted it you can click on it to vote it down. I know, a little confusing.

tumblr_mkrdcm4ruH1rvs9wso1_500.gif

In case someone wants to quickly give a small thanks for something, perhaps because a bunch of 'thanks!' / 'agreed' posts clutters the board or perhaps they are a lurker and don't want to post something at all. It may also be interesting to check the stats to see popular recent posts.

So now our inboxes can be cluttered up instead of the board. OK.

This is not a far cry from that reputation shit.

Feel free to suggest other ways how I can annoy you further!

I'm not saying you're annoying me; I plan on taking a break from here anyway after I finish re-upping the Never Heard Symphonies. Nor am I really under the impression that you give a shit what I or anyone else on here thinks, but I truly don't see the point of this function. I see no value in it, no constructive purpose at all. That's an opinion I'm expressing in a place where opinions can be expressed.

You may not see any value and perhaps there isn't but I gave my reasons why I think there is and am going to try it out. Nothing's etched in stone.

You can also turn off the notifications if you wish in the User Control Panel settings page.

Look for:
Enable notifications for new thumbs on your content?

Uncheck the option "Enable notifications for new thumbs on your content?"

I'm not saying you're annoying me; I plan on taking a break from here anyway after I finish re-upping the Never Heard Symphonies. Nor am I really under the impression that you give a shit what I or anyone else on here thinks, but I truly don't see the point of this function. I see no value in it, no constructive purpose at all. That's an opinion I'm expressing in a place where opinions can be expressed.

You may not see any value and perhaps there isn't but I gave my reasons why I think there is and am going to try it out. Nothing's etched in stone.

You can also turn off the notifications if you wish in the User Control Panel settings page.

Look for:

OK, well that is a little different. Thanks for explaining that. :thumb:

If enough folks don't like the notification function, is it possible to set the default to no notification, so folks would have to enable the notification instead of disable them? Just a thought in case the general population agrees with Skylarker.

I didn't see that option but I can just turn notifications off.

If enough folks don't like the notification function, is it possible to set the default to no notification, so folks would have to enable the notification instead of disable them? Just a thought in case the general population agrees with Skylarker.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom