Remainder of US tour cancelled due to Morrissey's respiratory infection

Tour CANCELLED!!!!!

It is with great sadness that the remainder of the US Tour has been cancelled. The respiratory infection Morrissey contracted in Miami has worsened, and in the interest of making a full recovery, all further touring plans have been halted. Morrissey thanks his fans for their compassion, understanding, and well-wishes during this difficult period as he recuperates.

https://www.facebook.com/Morrissey?fref=nf

Re: Tour CANCELLED!!!!!

Yes, I was just looking at that. A great shame. I don't think he's up to touring any more - it's hard work.

A statement has been posted on the Morrissey Facebook page, saying that the remainder of this tour has been cancelled.

"It is with great sadness that the remainder of the US Tour has been cancelled. The respiratory infection Morrissey contracted in Miami has worsened, and in the interest of making a full recovery, all further touring plans have been halted. Morrissey thanks his fans for their compassion, understanding, and well-wishes during this difficult period as he recuperates."

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Tour cancelled

f***ing hell again? What's going on?

He needs to be doing smaller tours with longer breaks between each show.

This is quite worrying, as he's getting ill way too often. I wouldn't be surprised if he was forced to stop touring all together, which is probably most sensible. His body cannot take it any more.
Hope he recovers well.

Get well soon, Morrissey. The real fans have your best interests in mind and wish you all the best.

This is quite worrying, as he's getting ill way too often. I wouldn't be surprised if he was forced to stop touring all together, which is probably most sensible. His body cannot take it any more.
Hope he recovers well.

I don't know if this forum can take that. Can you imagine all the whinging and moaning posted here if he stopped touring altogether?

The tours are over, from here on out.

From now on, it'll be one-offs and television appearances only.

The heart may say yes, but the body now says no.

so does that mean the rescheduled dates are no longer happening??

He's in the final stage and the end is near.

I really think he believes in the new record and thought he could crack America if he pushed it hard enough live, why else take on so many dates. Less is more a lot of the time, does this mean we'll never get to see the duet of Bachelor Boy we were all waiting for?? Cliff must be gutted!

I know these roads
An old hand understands
Above all, I know what's
Expected of me now
Veering Cliff-wards

I always thought this was a knowing nod.

We love you but for god sake, take it easy and please rest.

From England.

f***ing hell again? What's going on?

He needs to be doing smaller tours with longer breaks between each show.

Really? I'm pretty sure when I said that two years ago I got dog's abuse and was called a troll.

I feel sorry for all those involved. I wonder what sacking Kristeen had to do with this whole episode.....

This is my preference. Come to America, play a big show in LA and NYC and maybe one or two other markets. Or if he prefers the intimacy, plays 3-4 nights in each market at smaller venues. Play a hometown show in Manchester at least once a year. Travel and hit other markets sparingly, not trying to 30-40 date tours hitting tiny markets. It's no secret we will travel for you Mozz! Less is more.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom