what is up with front row seating

A

Anonymous

seems like the same people are at every show and stealing paying customer's seats. I arrived during Kristeen Young's set the other night to find my seat was already taken and nobody was moving. Is that how Morrissey concerts usually operate? Does security just not care??

Re: what is up with front row seating??

seems like the same people are at every show and stealing paying customer's seats. I arrived during Kristeen Young's set the other night to find my seat was already taken and nobody was moving. Is that how Morrissey concerts usually operate? Does security just not care??

It seems to depend on the venue. I've had the same experience 3 times over the years when I was fortunate enough to secure a front row seat. Once house security took care of it for me and once they didn't. The third time I was left to my own devices, so I took care of it myself in a very uncharacteristic threatening manner. Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. ;)

It's the f'n "guest list"!!! It's gotten out of control!!! It used to be just Julia then another person was added a year or so ago and that was fine too with a lot of fans but now it's like at least 5-6 per show and 5-10 when in California!!! They get walked in before the doors open to everyone else and those that BOUGHT front row seats are screwed because security are told they are "the Boss's" guest and they are to be in the front row. Guess it all goes with being a fan and going to shows :crazy:

We had "front row" tickets in San Diego but it wasn't the case. It has a way of making you feel unwelcome when you drive hundreds of miles all the way to what you think are going to be amazing seats to only be greeted by the back of the same heads you've seen standing there night after night contributing nothing to the cause of documenting the MOrrissey experience other than gawking. If they were f***ing taking pictures or mentioning what he said or adding lively chit chat when he passes the mic I'd say fine, but all they do is eat his aura and share it with nobody like selfish men.

/endrant

can someone please explain how that Trinity girl got on the guest list..when did she start touring..2011?

Yeah - the guest list is out of control crazy now. Basically show up enough times, kiss enough crew ass, and you never have to worry about buying tickets or queuing again. Or you could just buy Julian's +1, as he normally sells his additional guest list spot to the highest bidder.

If Morrissey wants certain people up front they should be given the tickets and the seats should not be put up for sale. I can't believe the venue is allowed to sell a front row seat that has someone standing in front of it. I would have thought that would have constituted mis-selling unless stated at the time of purchase.

There are only five people who Morrissey has personally requested to be on his guestlist permanently.

There are only five people who Morrissey has personally requested to be on his guestlist permanently.

I am aware of 7 people who are on the permanent 'guest list', who never need to buy tickets or queue up, and get early walk ins to the barrier - though whether they have all come from direct personal requests from Morrissey, or have been added via sympathetic crew members/Donnie etc, I am not sure. Some of these are from the UK and not currently on the US tour. All these people have +1's as well, so that can swell the numbers when they get their friends in with them. There are also a couple of 'clingers on' who have managed to get on the list as 'guests' of Kristeen, by sucking up to her instead and pretending their are her biggest fans.

I don't give a damn about people buying a front row seat and finding someone standing in front of you. If you are that close, you should elbow your way to the barrier anyway, and if you were planning on sitting down in the front row, and are annoyed at people blocking your view, then you should get a seat up in the balcony or something. The front of a Morrissey show is not a place to be sitting down, and when Moz has been faced with this sight, he's been pissed off.

However, the sheer numbers of people on the magic guest now list is getting ridiculous, and is causing a lot of resentment between those who also travel from show to show, spend $$$$ on travel and tickets and hotels, and hours sleeping on sidewalks in order to try and get to the barrier, only to find the chosen few waltz in 30 minutes before doors and go straight to the front ahead of them. When it was just Julia (and she never uses her +1 anyway), it was fine. Now if all the lucky guest list regulars turn up at a small venue on the same date, each with a +1, that's about 50% of the friggin' barrier gone already.

The guest list was a nice idea, to reward a dedicated few - and it was done with the best intentions. But personally I think they should axe it back down to just Julia. If you want to travel round the world seeing Morrissey, then you should buy your ticket and queue up with everyone else.

But between, guest lists, plus ones and also the chosen few's ability to pick who gets to hang in the pit with them, it sucks for people who actually paid good money for those seats.

I am aware of 7 people who are on the permanent 'guest list', who never need to buy tickets or queue up, and get early walk ins to the barrier - though whether they have all come from direct personal requests from Morrissey, or have been added via sympathetic crew members/Donnie etc, I am not sure. Some of these are from the UK and not currently on the US tour. All these people have +1's as well, so that can swell the numbers when they get their friends in with them. There are also a couple of 'clingers on' who have managed to get on the list as 'guests' of Kristeen, by sucking up to her instead and pretending their are her biggest fans.

I don't give a damn about people buying a front row seat and finding someone standing in front of you. If you are that close, you should elbow your way to the barrier anyway, and if you were planning on sitting down in the front row, and are annoyed at people blocking your view, then you should get a seat up in the balcony or something. The front of a Morrissey show is not a place to be sitting down, and when Moz has been faced with this sight, he's been pissed off.

However, the sheer numbers of people on the magic guest now list is getting ridiculous, and is causing a lot of resentment between those who also travel from show to show, spend $$$$ on travel and tickets and hotels, and hours sleeping on sidewalks in order to try and get to the barrier, only to find the chosen few waltz in 30 minutes before doors and go straight to the front ahead of them. When it was just Julia (and she never uses her +1 anyway), it was fine. Now if all the lucky guest list regulars turn up at a small venue on the same date, each with a +1, that's about 50% of the friggin' barrier gone already.

The guest list was a nice idea, to reward a dedicated few - and it was done with the best intentions. But personally I think they should axe it back down to just Julia. If you want to travel round the world seeing Morrissey, then you should buy your ticket and queue up with everyone else.

You are missing the point. Apparently is was Morrissey's request to have 4 other guys with Julia on his guestlist. I wish I was on the guestlist but am happy for the luckiest 5 people on this planet!

Julia's life seems incredibly sad to me. Is she traveling with him, or staying in hotels and renting cars by herself? Des she have a life?

can someone please explain how that Trinity girl got on the guest list..when did she start touring..2011?

TrinityK.jpg

You are missing the point. Apparently is was Morrissey's request to have 4 other guys with Julia on his guestlist. I wish I was on the guestlist but am happy for the luckiest 5 people on this planet!

Yeah man, that's what I heard too. Morrissey's official guestlist that he specifically picked is 5. 2 from USA and 3 British guys. The others on the guestlist were not at Morrisseys request but from the tour manager and security guy.

Julia's life seems incredibly sad to me. Is she traveling with him, or staying in hotels and renting cars by herself? Des she have a life?
All Julia and the other 'chosen few' get are free entry, and early access to the barrier before the general filthy plebs are allowed into the building. She has to book her own travel, and make her own way to each show, pay for her own hotels etc. She doesn't sit on the back of the tour bus, playing scrabble with Boz or anything.

Part of me thinks it must be the BEST EXPERIENCE EVER!
Another part of me thinks it must slightly tragic to look back and realise you have spent most of your adult life traisping round the world following a singer.

But as long as she's enjoying herself, more power to her elbow.

Heard she has money & she probably bought or slept her way to the guest list. Noticed the crew going out of their way to come out & just talk to her!

She never bought a gig ticket in her life - I heard she used to sneak into shows using a fake tour pass until the crew caught her. But one of the crew has the hots for her, so now she gets put on Moz's guest list. Also, have you ever noticed that when she goes for a stage invasion (pretty much every night), the crew help her up, whilst pummelling the shit out of the regular dudes who try it?

Ah. The Morrissey tour clique. It's all about who you know.

All Julia and the other 'chosen few' get are free entry, and early access to the barrier before the general filthy plebs are allowed into the building. She has to book her own travel, and make her own way to each show, pay for her own hotels etc. She doesn't sit on the back of the tour bus, playing scrabble with Boz or anything.

Part of me thinks it must be the BEST EXPERIENCE EVER!
Another part of me thinks it must slightly tragic to look back and realise you have spent most of your adult life traisping round the world following a singer.

But as long as she's enjoying herself, more power to her elbow.

Maybe she just sits in her hotel room reading books until it's time to go to the show? Seems like a weird life. Wouldn't she get sick of it after a while? I mean I know I can get into grooves of going to the same restaurant over and over but eventually I get sorta tired of it and go somewhere else...maybe she's sort of...special.

She seems like the type of person who'd really be into Candy Crush but who's on level 7000.

Last edited:
Yes, he mentioned her in the book and hugs her when on stage, but at the end if the day she goes back to her hotel room alone. Anyone have a pic of Trinity stage invading? Seems like you can splash out money to follow the tours but that doesn't mean he will be your friend or respect you.

Yes, he mentioned her in the book and hugs her when on stage, but at the end if the day she goes back to her hotel room alone. Anyone have a pic of Trinity stage invading? Seems like you can splash out money to follow the tours but that doesn't mean he will be your friend or respect you.

There are some people who try to go to every gig to try and get on the his guestlist but Morrissey doesn't even like them very much hence there being some friction amongst fans on the current tour!

Back
Top Bottom