Beaumont, TX - Julie Rogers Theatre (May 25, 2014) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

Speedway / Irish Blood, English Heart / Ganglord / Hand In Glove / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / I Have Forgiven Jesus / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Istanbul / Certain People I Know / The Youngest Was The Most Loved / Trouble Loves Me / Earth Is The Loneliest Planet / Everyday Is Like Sunday / The Bullfighter Dies / Yes, I Am Blind / Meat Is Murder / Asleep // One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell / First Of The Gang To Die

set list provided by billybud71 and Abrahán.

• Photos by David Block (43 total) - 88 Miles West. Link posted by BeaumontChad.

beaumont1.jpg
  • Morrissey at Julie Rogers Theatre, Beaumont, 5/25/2014 by Angelica Leicht - Houston Press Blogs. Photos by Abrahan Garza (6 total).

beaumont.jpg

Last edited:
Lovin the change ups in the set as the tour deepens.

I hadn't seen him before, and I'm honestly not a hardcore fan like some of you (part of the reason I went is this happened to be in my hometown), but now I want to be. Wow. That was absolutely fantastic. I've been to many many concerts but this one was high on my list.

Next time he comes back to Texas I'm there, even if its not Beaumont again. That was great.

Absolutely best night of my life. I love you moz. Setlist was great, had the time of my life.

Absolutely best night of my life. I love you moz. Setlist was great, had the time of my life.

Glad to hear you had a great time Emoz. I can't wait for Chicago, got 4th row pit. After being against the stage last year in Columbus I have decided its the only way to experience a Morrissey show ( for me atleast :) ) There was so much freakin energy up front I about had a heart attack haha. Love the mid-west Moz vibe:cool:

Very enthusiastic crowd but not the best I've seen. The show was truly amasing. Loved loved I have forgiven Jesus, certain people I know, instanbul, trouble loves me. The list goes on.
The return of handing the mic to the crowd, although it may be the last time. Some guy said I hope you like the cologne I sent you and you owe me money for your cancelled shows. Morrissey said 'posponed!' Laughs from the crowd.

He's in top form.

Tonight Morrissey was in much better spirits than last night in Austin. I have been to 30+ Morrissey shows. Tonights show was simply outstanding. This show was top 3 ! So glad I was here tonight! Moz - you are one of a kind!

Whew. Wow!!! What amazing energy from moz and the band. Top form. Great setlist and nice to hear Irish blood again. The guy was right behind me who complained about the cancelled shows. Just a young kid and ignorant comment. The amount of work that goes into these tours, the daily grind on the road, the wear and tear, physically and emotionally to go sing to thousands of faceless fans night after night, I can't even comprehend how difficult it must be. But each year they do it and after all this time, all the shows, to go out and sing with such emotion to crowd after crowd... Well to me that sounds like he does appreciate his fans. And to be handed the mike and cry "you owe me" sorry bud, he doesn't owe us anything.

I was at the show tonight and having seen him twice before, I have to say that this was the best show I've seen. His voice was in top form, and the band played better than I've ever heard them play before. The venue was nice, and sound was good. The video during Meat is Murder was a bit gruesome for some in the crowd, but I get it. Lovely show, and great set list.

As an aside, I don't understand why someone would rate a crowd, but whatever. I really don't care if a crowd isn't going dogshit crazy. I'm there to see Morrissey, not hear a loud crowd drowning out the man I'm there to see.

Glad to hear you had a great time Emoz. I can't wait for Chicago, got 4th row pit. After being against the stage last year in Columbus I have decided its the only way to experience a Morrissey show ( for me atleast :) ) There was so much freakin energy up front I about had a heart attack haha. Love the mid-west Moz vibe:cool:

I'm excited for you!!!
I really didn't think my love for morrissey could get any bigger but after tonight it surely did! At this show everyone looked like they were having the best time, I was dancing and cheering and singing along, It was just the best feeling in the world being in a room full of people who share the same love for moz as I do.

this show was amazing! better than when i saw him a couple years back. certain people i know and IBEH thrown onto the set. good spirits. good crowd. the band played amazong. love the new songs so much. i like how they are playing FOTGTD live. all in all. just amazing.

Some people in the midwest are neglected by him now as he does not go to Milwaukee anymore.People don't act as nutso in the midwest as other places.Yet they are avoided.

3rd Moz show I've seen, and possibly the best. Great setlist, the crowd wasn't dead, and Julie Rogers is a wonderful venue to see Morrissey at. My friend and I were in the very last row on the top balcony and we still had a great view of him and the band. Highlights for me: Hearing Hand in Glove live (Eeeeeeee!), Trouble Loves Me, Istanbul, and Yes I Am Blind.

Only problem was the volume! Maybe it was just where we were positioned but the music was uncomfortably loud. Like louder than Mogwai near-front-row. My ears are still aching horribly. That snag aside, fantastic evening!

Still can't get over how surreal it was seeing Moz in my home town. Beaumont is just this weird, smallish refinery/college city, and we never get decent concerts come though. Not that I'm complaining!

Last edited:
Loving the revisiting of Your Arsenal so far on this tour: National Front Disco, I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday and now Certain People I Know!

April Richardson got on stage and hugged the man..so happy for her!!

Has Moz gone a bit soft again or is it the weird warpy iphone camera that's doing this? I swear he was looking a lot thinner 2 weeks ago. Just an observation, not a criticism. Sounds amazing though!

Looks like practically the entire show is on youtube in great quality - thanks to user 'Dave Meek' for this!

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLEnRn7wbxlfnAHJKD_yt-eyvwWSRzmv3k

Excellent videos, looks like a great show--though I do understand what people meant about the audience. What a lifeless bunch. I remember when we saw some videos from early on and how enthusiastic and excited everyone was for Hand in Glove and these people just sort of stand there with no sense of excitement. I also doubt any of them had even heard Istanbul before which a tremendous shame.

Morrissey on the other hand--amazing as always.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom