Austin, TX - Austin Music Hall (May 24, 2014) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.
Set List:

One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell / Speedway / Ganglord / All You Need Is Me / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Istanbul / Hand In Glove / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / The Bullfighter Dies / Life Is A Pigsty / Trouble Loves Me / Yes, I Am Blind / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Earth Is The Loneliest Planet / Meat Is Murder / The National Front Disco // Asleep / First Of The Gang To Die

set list provided by !Viva Hate! and Lushey.

• Morrissey played Austin (and Dallas on his birthday): setlist, pics & video (121 photos total) by Tim Griffin - BrooklynVegan. Link posted by an anonymous person.

austin.jpg

Last edited:
Amazing! Was kicked in the face upon trying to jump onstage, but it's okay. I handed moz a pin (one of my favorite pins) that says "Would you still like me if i had AIDS?"-- hope he wasn't offended, as the pin is cute and purple and has a very nice design, it's just meant for aesthetic purposes. Moz if you read this, please take care of the pin, and thank you for such a lovely show. :)

Amazing! Was kicked in the face upon trying to jump onstage, but it's okay. I handed moz a pin (one of my favorite pins) that says "Would you still like me if i had AIDS?"-- hope he wasn't offended, as the pin is cute and purple and has a very nice design, it's just meant for aesthetic purposes. Moz if you read this, please take care of the pin, and thank you for such a lovely show. :)

This is the kind of thing Lincoln, NE could have used my friend.

setlist.fm has 3 songs labeled as Unknown. Maybe a few breakouts...probably not though.

Last edited:
My friend went with the first signs of the flu (still no handshake, but Apey got one! Shocker.) and said that he opened the show by saying something along the lines of he's entitled to a nervous breakdown. The band wore shirts that said FANCY MAN, whatever that means.

I flew all the way from Canada for this show. Very happy he did Asleep as the encore.

Great energy and excellent show. Setlist is something like this - a few songs may be in the wrong order, but I did not write it down so going from memory. Feel free to correct as needed:

One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell / Speedway / Ganglord / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris /Istanbul / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Hand In Glove/ The Bullfighter Dies / Life Is A Pigsty / Trouble Loves Me / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Earth Is The Loneliest Planet/ Yes, I Am Blind / Meat Is Murder / The National Front Disco // Asleep / First Of The Gang To Die

A few comments - he said he was recently quite bored and sat down in an extremely comfortable chair to make a list of dangerous Americans. said needless to say he was there for quite some time. Read a few off including Michelle Bachman and Ann Coulter...

Seemed in great spirits, 3 maybe 4(?) people got on stage during FOTG.

Last edited:
He introduced Istanbul as a new song that nobody would know. Very intimate and beautifully sung.

One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell / Speedway / Ganglord / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Istanbul / Everyday Is Like Sunday / The Bullfighter Dies / Hand In Glove / All You Need Is Me / Life Is A Pigsty / Trouble Loves Me / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Earth Is The Loneliest Planet/ Yes, I Am Blind / Meat Is Murder / The National Front Disco // Asleep / First Of The Gang To Die

Not 100% sure about it being the correct order. Life Is A Pig sty was absolutely phenomenal. Morrissey was in very good spirits. In Meat is Murder, the entire band stopped playing and watched the video. I think two got on stage. Once they got past security, Moz's boys helped them onstage. Crowd was very energetic.

Beaumont, front row tomorrow!

It is my understanding the setlist was:

One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell
Speedway
Ganglord
All You Need Is Me
Everyday Is Like Sunday
Istanbul
Hand in Glove
I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris
The Bullfighter Dies
Life Is a Pigsty
Trouble Loves Me
Yes, I Am Blind
World Peace Is None of Your Business
Earth Is the Loneliest Planet
Meat Is Murder
The National Front Disco

Asleep
First of the Gang to Die

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, All You Need Is Me was played, Youngest was not. I DID say my set list was not 100% and just from memory...

The band wore shirts that said FANCY MAN, whatever that means.

It is a British slang expression, quite old, and often said by gossipy women, of another woman who, perhaps divorced or widowed has taken up with another man. "Have you heard? Doris at number six has got herself a fancy man."

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom