Dallas, TX - Majestic Theater (May 22, 2014) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell / Speedway / Ganglord / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Earth Is The Loneliest Planet / Everyday Is Like Sunday / The Bullfighter Dies / Hand In Glove / The Youngest Was The Most Loved / Life Is A Pigsty / Trouble Loves Me / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Yes, I Am Blind / Meat Is Murder / The National Front Disco // Asleep / First Of The Gang To Die

set list provided by Abrahán.

• Review: Morrissey at Majestic Theatre by Preston Jones - DFW.com. Link posted by CrystalGeezer.
  • Glad to be unhappy: Morrissey celebrates his birthday with majestic show at Majestic by Robert Wilonsky, photos by Jason Janik (8 total) - Dallas Morning News. Link posted by an anonymous person.

dallas.jpg

Last edited:
I do dearly hope that I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday makes its way back into the setlist by Chicago.

Pretty much same setlist same order as last night. Asleep was so beautiful. Seated venue so crowd was very tame, Moz was very chatty and received many birthday presents at the end from the front row. His voice was in fine form, just wished he would have played the palladium. Only 1 stage invader on FOTG. Solid show!

The Dallas crowd was lame. Just got back. No surprises. Same set as Lawrence. They did sell a birthday shirt but it was only in a small or medium. It said "Legend" and had his birthdate on it but no picture of himself. Was in the mezzanine and most of the people just sat on there asses and didn't want to get up. He sang well and the band played there asses off to a really boring audience. Felt bad for him since it was his birthday. They did show the Peta "Someday" animated short (which features "I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday") after Kristeen Young's set. Have they shown this before at a show or is this the first time showing it live? Cute and sad at the same time. Only one guy made it on stage at the end but security pushed his ass back into the front row. This is my 8th time seeing him live in 23 years and it was the most lame crowd ever. I will be curious to see what others think. BTW, don't expect any You Tube clips or many photos from this show. The ushers made sure that if you even had your phone out looking at anything you had to put it up let alone try to film a song. That was not happening at the majestic tonite.

Friend at the show says he opened by saying, "Can somebody please tell me where those 32 years have gone?"

Friend at the show says he opened by saying, "Can somebody please tell me where those 32 years have gone?"

It's been 32 years since the Smiths formed. Interesting.

Moz we love you but please stop playing Meat Is Murder live - it's just about ok as the closing song on a great album but live it's turgid and dreary. I suppose it provides ample opportunity to pop out to the toilet but, come on, your audience deserve better.

fun little breakdown in the middle of Everyday....enjoyed the show...sounded great!

Last edited by a moderator:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom