Please bring back auto-merging

realitybites

making lemonade
I liked auto-merging. Takes up less bandwidth and keeps the post counts down. Wish it was in place from the beginning; my post count surely would be less than 2,000. Haha. No but seriously, I think it makes the boards look less cluttered.

One anonymous twit bitches and the whole system changes. Unreal. Let them register if they don't want to be lumped in with the other anonymous twits. It could be a selling point to register.

Re: Please bring back auto-merging!

Due to a bug issue, David decided to switched it off.

automerging brought back with a shorter time gap (2 minutes instead of 3). Let's see how it works.

I'm keeping an eye on it. I don't like to make changes to the site during busy times like a tour.

I had to turn it back off as a lot of guest posts were getting merged, there seem to be a lot of problems with it during busy times. Will investigate, I think it has something to do with a recent PHP upgrade.

I had to turn it back off as a lot of guest posts were getting merged, there seem to be a lot of problems with it during busy times. Will investigate, I think it has something to do with a recent PHP upgrade.

OK, no worries. I haven't been binge-posting lately so I don't miss it at the moment. :D

Doublepost checking is back, will test it out for a while. I believe the issue in the past was caused by another issue related to DNS settings.

Back
Top Bottom