El Paso, TX - Plaza Theatre (May 13, 2014) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

Hand In Glove / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Ganglord / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Speedway / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / That's How People Grow Up / Earth Is The Loneliest Planet / Life Is A Pigsty / The Bullfighter Dies / Girl Least Likely To / I Have Forgiven Jesus / Yes, I Am Blind / Meat Is Murder / Trouble Loves Me / I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday / The National Front Disco // Asleep / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell

set list provided by setlist.fm and gustavo

• Morrissey stops El Paso show because of how security was treating fans, says tour manager - kvia.com. Link posted by Chip.

Excerpt:

A Harvest Records publicist told ABC-7 Wednesday afternoon that the El Paso show was stopped because "security was being too rough with his fans, and he got upset about it. Since it was the ... encore, he just stopped playing so they wouldn't get hurt."

The publicist received the explanation from Morrissey's tour manager.

The publicist added that "fans coming on stage is a longstanding Morrissey tradition - he loves them!"
  • Photos: Morrissey performs at the Plaza Theatre - El Paso Times. Photos by Ruben R. Ramirez (22 total). Link posted by gustavo.

elpaso.jpg

Last edited:
Did the annoying dad and son Deven going stage so talking about it

According to twitter he got ambushed by overzealous fans. Not sure how many songs in, they got to MIM so nearish the end. Bummed if they didn't hear Asleep, it's like the highlight of the night. :(

A father who takes his son to Morrissey shows and genuinely enjoying the experience - compared to an anonymous prick on the internet talking shit about it - umm what's more annoying?

Asshole in front row grabbed his crotch, so he stormed off. What is wrong with people? Has he had other recent tours when this behavior was happening?

Seems to be a trend this tour. Hopefully they don't kill the nice stage invading. It's a unique part of his shows.

Seems like some ass grabbed his crotch, and then he also got almost choked by some idiot who made it on stage, and then walked off. f*** those "fans".

I was in the front. There were no hoodlums. Morrissey stopped the show because the security was getting violent. That's why he apologized to the kid that was being choked in a headlock by security. It wasn't the fans, it was the lame security.

Can someone post the vid of the walkoff, I don't have an IG account :(

Woowza!! Is that Morrissey security guard nearly breaking the neck of the fan in the purple? That fan was looking rough, he could of hurt him Morrissey. Dumbass Seems he wasn't happy with the problem down front and stormed off.

;( not happy

I was in the front. There were no hoodlums. Morrissey stopped the show because the security was getting violent. That's why he apologized to the kid that was being choked in a headlock by security. It wasn't the fans, it was the lame security.

Then why did he shake the hand of the security guy and not the fan?

From my angle its appeared the guy in purple stormed from back stage, ran across and nearly took Moz down.

Now in the IG vid, it appears the person getting the handshake was one of the front line security guys, but i seem to remember that guy being a fan actually holding back another crazy fan, either way we did lose out hearing the remaining songs, I'm ticked.

Found this from someone on the lower level.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2FeEKiR-Ms

sg

Haha... people here and everywhere are rather quick to judge. An idiotic fan in the front row grabbed a handful of personal space. The security guard took care of this person and deserved a handshake. Who would want to continue singing after his balls were painfully assaulted?

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha... people here and everywhere are rather quick to judge. An idiotic fan in the front row grabbed a handful of personal space. The security guard took care of this person and deserved a handshake. Who would want to continue singing after his balls were painfully assaulted?

Was he grabbing his dick before the video clips? Because the videos don't show that, just him saying no, no, no or something.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom